Any farmers on here?

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Meaty
Home club or Range: Grove Small Arms.Thetford Gallery, STANTA, Barton Road

Any farmers on here?

#1 Post by Meaty »

Around these parts (Norfolk) there is a crop growing that I have only noticed in the last couple of years but cant figure out what it is.
I know that ttiuwp but whenever I see the damn stuff I haven't got my camera or phone with me. It looks like a cross between sugar cane and maize (without the cobs), is about 4-6' tall and seems to be left until it is brown before being harvested.
Any ideas any????
"There are four boxes to be used in the defence of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Please use in that order."
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Any farmers on here?

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

It could well be maize that is being grown for animal feed, we have it around here, they also grew 50 acres of runner beans one year and let then turn brown and manky.

Well I assume it is animal feed...
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
ronboy

#3 Post by ronboy »

Could be sweetcorn, the weather has been that bad crops are going rotten. There's loads here in Shropshire and it's tall brown and looks unhealthy.
whoowhoop

#4 Post by whoowhoop »

Sounds like tic beans
Happy is he, who goes out for the amusement of himself, and not for the amazement of others
spud
Home club or Range: Grovesmall Arms

#5 Post by spud »

Forage maize iu et its a large feild and looks like blind sweet corn atm as its a poor year for all corns
ImageImage
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#6 Post by saddler »

londonercsecse
Home club or Range: Rossendale

#7 Post by londonercsecse »

Not a farmer but got 130ha in family abroad, it is maize i think.
Miroku O/U, Mossberg 500 pump 12g.
6.5shooter

#8 Post by 6.5shooter »

Its maize
6.5shooter

#9 Post by 6.5shooter »

When its ripe pick off a cob and take home for youre tea :)