Uploading pictures

Post a picture or Youtube of something interesting, no peaches or muffins please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Uploading pictures

#11 Post by Ovenpaa »

Alpha1 wrote:Ovenpaa
Kaspersky is the only antivirus soft ware I trust to look after my PC i have used it for years never had a problem.
This PC is used for on line gaming. I regulary share my PC with a group of mappers two live in the States and one lives in Holland.
Never had a problem
Just curios ;)

Kaspersky has a good reputation and is robust. I have met Eugene Kaspersky a few times and he always comes over as an OK person, albeit a tad stressy on occasion :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#12 Post by Alpha1 »

I also use the Kaspersky tune up soft ware I can recommend it.
Keeps your PC zipping a long.
Ovenpaa

#13 Post by Ovenpaa »

Alpha1 wrote:I also use the Kaspersky tune up soft ware I can recommend it.
Keeps your PC zipping a long.
:) I use Linux these days so I do not even run AV software on this machine despite working for an AV manufacturer.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1

#14 Post by Alpha1 »

I play with linux but as I built this PC for gaming linux was not really a option.
I have toyed with the idea of running one of my older rigs with linux.
Ovenpaa

#15 Post by Ovenpaa »

Download the latest ISO for Linux Mint 10 (Julia) burn it to a DVD and boot an old box to it, you will be on the desktop in around five minutes, configure your wireless or network and have a play, if you like it click on the install icon on the desktop, if you don’t like it take the DVD out and you still have you original O/S intact.
/d

Shed Journal
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#16 Post by Mike357 »

GOT IT SUSSED NOW. THANKS ALL
;)
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Robin128

#17 Post by Robin128 »

Luvly boy... ;)
redcat
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

#18 Post by redcat »

christel wrote:
Of course if you can remote link to a site such as flickr then the better for the forum. The smaller we are the further away is the day when we have to go to the dreaded dedicated hosting = more money.
Would it help if people deleted the photographs in their replies to a post? I feel it is unnecessary to repeat photos in a thread.

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
Christel
Site Admin

#19 Post by Christel »

redcat wrote:
christel wrote:
Of course if you can remote link to a site such as flickr then the better for the forum. The smaller we are the further away is the day when we have to go to the dreaded dedicated hosting = more money.
Would it help if people deleted the photographs in their replies to a post? I feel it is unnecessary to repeat photos in a thread.

Redcat
Redcat, not a bad idea however the forum has moved forward since 2011 and we are now sitting on a virtual server with unlimited space.
Alpha1

#20 Post by Alpha1 »

We are currently running a web server/a couple of gameservers from a raspberry pi.
We have been using a ipad mini to run our call of duty game servers and test servers for our 3d mapping stuff the raspberry pi will be cheaper because our servers run 24/07 from my friends house in Holland he is looking to reduce the electrickery costs.

Don't ask me how he does it he is the tecky. I just use the web site and the test servers to upload and test my maps on. Its all clever stuff though.