Why were they not Shot?

Post a picture or Youtube of something interesting, no peaches or muffins please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.
25Pdr
Past Supporter

Why were they not Shot?

#1 Post by 25Pdr »

Why were they not Shot?

I'm bloody sure if this had been the USA they would have been.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5THwEXDttg
Chuck

Re: Why were they not Shot?

#2 Post by Chuck »

Probably because they were all here surrounding a group of women protestors. Easier to mob up on and kick a woman I suppose than some thug firing explosives at you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_MlfJ352PU

PS:Agreed they probably would have been shot! Nahh we'll probably just ban firewrorks instead.
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
ordnance

#3 Post by ordnance »

Do you have to ask, people would be on shouting excessive force. If they shot someone here every time a firework was launched in the direction of the police, there would be a lot of funerals.
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#4 Post by DaveB »

ordnance wrote:Do you have to ask, people would be on shouting excessive force. If they shot someone here every time a firework was launched in the direction of the police, there would be a lot of funerals.
And the problem with that would be...? Let's face it - losers like these do not leave a bog hole in society when they are finally removed from it.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#5 Post by Blackstuff »

lol at the top comment on that video though;

Q : What do you call 1 muslim on the moon?
A : Problem...
Q : What do you call 10 muslims on the moon?
Q : What do you call 100 muslims on the moon?
Q :What do you call all the muslims on the moon?
A : ................ Problem Solved !
DVC
ordnance

#6 Post by ordnance »

And the problem with that would be...? Let's face it - losers like these do not leave a bog hole in society when they are finally removed from it
You are probably right, but where do you draw the line, shoot people for throwing stones, fireworks , petrol bombs etc. Coming out of the pub with a chair leg in a plastic bag. Sitting on a train minding your own business.
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#7 Post by DaveB »

I stand by my comment that those 'people' would be no loss to society were they removed from it. I am willing to admit that stones and fireworks aren't necessarily grounds for being shot. However, in my book throwing a petrol bomb is, to use an American phrase: assault with a deadly weapon. Anybody who throws a Molotov Cocktail is at the very least exhibiting depraved indifference as to whom they injure, and at worst intending grievous bodily harm, and I for one could not possibly care less what happens to them as a result.

I have been accused of being slightly to the right of Attila the Hun, but I am constantly annoyed when I see on the TV scenes of rioters running rampant and police retreating. Retreat, Hell! Bring on the tear gas, the rubber bullets, dogs and batons!

I reckon if these so-called 'anarchists' (most of whom know less about genuine anarchist philosophy than my pet cat) got the crap kicked out of them a few times it would do them, and society, a world of good.
25Pdr
Past Supporter

#8 Post by 25Pdr »

ordnance wrote:
And the problem with that would be...? Let's face it - losers like these do not leave a bog hole in society when they are finally removed from it
You are probably right, but where do you draw the line, shoot people for throwing stones, fireworks , petrol bombs etc. Coming out of the pub with a chair leg in a plastic bag. Sitting on a train minding your own business.
The line is drawn at Self Defence.... We all have the right to defend ourselves and the people around us, this also applies to the Police, who, are more likely to be attacked than most.

The rockets in the Video looked as if they would kill a human therefore the attacker(s) should have been shot. A person can even be killed by stone throwers. There was a time when petrol bombers were shot in NI. Most of the Police forces in US seem to adopt the 21 foot rule, i,e, get within 21 feet of a officer with a knife and you will be shot.

I doubt if there is anyone on this Forum who would not resort to deadly force if they or their loved ones life was threatened by any means.
Chuck

#9 Post by Chuck »

Coming out of the pub with a chair leg in a plastic bag. Sitting on a train minding your own business.
:o :o

Funny how we can shoot people who aren't a threat eh!
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
ordnance

#10 Post by ordnance »

was a time when petrol bombers were shot in NI. Most of the Police forces in US seem to adopt the 21 foot rule, i,e, get within 21 feet of a officer with a knife and you will be shot
I don't necessarily disagree, but this is not America, and its not going to happen. They use plastic bullets here but for political reasons do not use them in the rest of the UK never mind real bullets. Plus as the police are not armed what are the police going to shoot them with, if someone throws a few petrol bomb at them or gets within 21 feet with a knife, and they don't hang around for armed response.