photograhpy

Post a picture or Youtube of something interesting, no peaches or muffins please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.
ballkeeper
Home club or Range: lanc

photograhpy

#1 Post by ballkeeper »

do yo ever just get bored or cant think/want to take photos, i used love taking them ,but over the last yer or so just stoped
anyone else ?
chris
WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

Re: photograhpy

#2 Post by WelshShooter »

It depends on what you're photographing I suppose. My uncle is into wildlife and goes to a local WWT to photograph birds. He also goes to a camera club weekly to discuss new techniques and to use software such as photoshop for manipulating/touching up images. He also enters local competitions based on a subject. The good part is that the subject is generally pretty vague so it allows you to be artistic in your interpretation.

I've tried photography which I enjoyed, but I'm not as the same level of commitment as my uncle. I was really interested in macro imaging, mainly because in my previous job I would use high-tech metrology equipment such as Scanning Electron Microscopes (SEM) and really enjoyed taking high quality pictures of features which were around 0.1 micron in size. At this moment in time, I struggle to find the time to fit all my hobbies in with a full time job, so maybe I'll come back to it later on in life.

I would recommend trying something different, or joining a camera club if you've not already done so.
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#3 Post by Gh0st »

For me personally i need to be interested in the subject.

I will always take my DSLR if i know there will be an opportunity but im not committed enough to carry around my full kit all the time just in case.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Just the opposite for me, I was very keen many years ago, interest dwindled despite some nice 35mm and digital SLRs in the house, then I moved to a, iFone 6 and discovered it was convenient, always to hand and took excellent images with the added bonus of panoramic views and now I probably take a snap or two daily and often more. Another thing that is working for me is flying a Drone that takes good stills and 4K which has really made me stop and think yet again about different types of photography.

We still have Medium Format kit in the house which is fun albeit time consuming plus the lenses alone weigh more than a stack of mobile phones, add a tripod and a few film backs and you are lugging around nigh on as much as an F Open shooter!

Unfortunately the last camera club I took a look at seemed more interested in discussing Audi cars and dick waving :cry:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Gh0st

#5 Post by Gh0st »

I have to admit, for day to day use the boing 7Plus camera is phenominal. But nothing compared to my decent glass on my canon.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

ballkeeper
Home club or Range: lanc

#6 Post by ballkeeper »

yup take pic s on me phone galaxy a5 seems to take good pics, have 2 dslr with lens etc etc used to love taking photo of my reptiles,flowers my kids sort of thing
chris
Rockhopper

#7 Post by Rockhopper »

I've lost interest and i think its since most photography went digital. It almost impossible to take images as good as the ones you see on various forums without a significant degree of post processing in the computer. Composition and content etc is fine but my photos look dull and lifeless compared to most others. I don't have the money or time to invest in a new computer and software then learning how to drive it then spend hours processing each batch of photos.
I used to use slide film - what you see projected on the screen is as it comes out of the camera (especially with Kodachrome as you can't home process that).
Gh0st

#8 Post by Gh0st »

Rockhopper wrote:I've lost interest and i think its since most photography went digital. It almost impossible to take images as good as the ones you see on various forums without a significant degree of post processing in the computer. Composition and content etc is fine but my photos look dull and lifeless compared to most others. I don't have the money or time to invest in a new computer and software then learning how to drive it then spend hours processing each batch of photos.
I used to use slide film - what you see projected on the screen is as it comes out of the camera (especially with Kodachrome as you can't home process that).
Digital age and post processing certainly takes the skill out of it.

Shooting in RAW was a game changer.

Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#9 Post by Blackstuff »

Now she's had proper blinds fitted I find taking photographs much more boring :bad: lol
DVC
WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

#10 Post by WelshShooter »

Blackstuff wrote:Now she's had proper blinds fitted I find taking photographs much more boring :bad: lol
I, am a nosey neighbour.