The UK's Finest Independent Forum for Shooters and Gun Owners

Supporting all legal firearm owners, collectors, enthusiasts, shooters and competitors by promoting and encouraging legitimate gun ownership and use in the UK through unity, advocacy and discussion.
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:34 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:06 am
Posts: 308
Location: Near Edinburgh
Home club or Range: Vintage Arms Scotland. Full voting HBSA member
Hi,
It's a Vostok 22. My first pistol was a S&W Model 41. I bought the Vostok to keep going to the very end.

_________________
www.edinburghclassics.co.uk


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:48 am
Posts: 647
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley
A Margolin by any other name.............tremendous fun, and complete outfits are making strong money in the US presently.

Pete

_________________
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:06 am
Posts: 308
Location: Near Edinburgh
Home club or Range: Vintage Arms Scotland. Full voting HBSA member
I must admit I'd never heard it called a Margolin before.

_________________
www.edinburghclassics.co.uk


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:50 pm
Posts: 1263
Location: Reading
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club
Colt Delta Elite in 10mm and 44mag Desert Eagle.

Sobs.


Attachments:
pistols 002.jpg
pistols 002.jpg [ 68.45 KiB | Viewed 260 times ]
Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:11 am
Posts: 768
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club
David Nimrod wrote:
Alpha1 wrote:

I did not keep any pictures it was to pain full to be reminded of what they stole from me.


I regularly look at this photo, precisely to remind myself of what was stolen from me...

Painful: Yes!

But necessary too, I reckon.


There is where you and I disagree - it was not necessary. There were other ways to handle it. But as usual politicians only look for simple solutions as they reel from one knee-jerk reaction to a headline, to another.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:23 am
Posts: 19520
Location: Planet Earth - Mainly
Quote:
But necessary too, I reckon.


How, in what possible remote way was it necessary to ban handguns (or SLR's for that matter) thanks to events that happened due to a dereliction of duty by those who could have prevented such things from happening. Answer is in the question maybe?

_________________
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:01 am
Posts: 382
Location: Nottingham, UK
Home club or Range: Nomad
DaveB wrote:
David Nimrod wrote:
Alpha1 wrote:

I did not keep any pictures it was to pain full to be reminded of what they stole from me.


I regularly look at this photo, precisely to remind myself of what was stolen from me...

Painful: Yes!

But necessary too, I reckon.


There is where you and I disagree - it was not necessary. There were other ways to handle it. But as usual politicians only look for simple solutions as they reel from one knee-jerk reaction to a headline, to another.


You've missed the point totally!

It's necessary to keep looking at the photos I have, of my pistols.

To remind myself how immoral political expediency can be!

Why on earth would I support the banning of my own guns kukkuk

_________________
Please Wake Up Before Our Humanity Is Lost Forever


Last edited by David Nimrod on Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:01 am
Posts: 382
Location: Nottingham, UK
Home club or Range: Nomad
Chuck wrote:
Quote:
But necessary too, I reckon.


How, in what possible remote way was it necessary to ban handguns (or SLR's for that matter) thanks to events that happened due to a dereliction of duty by those who could have prevented such things from happening. Answer is in the question maybe?


I refer the honorable gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago... clapclap

_________________
Please Wake Up Before Our Humanity Is Lost Forever


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:48 am
Posts: 647
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley
Interesting link for anyone who remembers the "Vostock-Margolin" pistols. The photo of the cased pistol is exactly how mine came, but all the bits were wrapped in brown greasy paper.

http://revivaler.com/mikhail-margolin-target-pistols/

The designer was blind.....!!!

Pete

_________________
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:43 pm
Posts: 4913
Location: Classified
Home club or Range: Classified
Pete wrote:
Interesting link for anyone who remembers the "Vostock-Margolin" pistols. The photo of the cased pistol is exactly how mine came, but all the bits were wrapped in brown greasy paper.

http://revivaler.com/mikhail-margolin-target-pistols/

The designer was blind.....!!!

Pete


A fine pistol indeed ussrflag....... Same double-section oil bottle in the case as issued with the Glorious Vintovka Mosina, one side for solvent cleaner and the other for oil.

What would be the legal position of getting a .22lr Margolin modified to comply with the LBP law?.....a bit sacrilegious but would it be doable by a Sec5 RFD and then put on Sec1?.Or would it be a case that it would always be sec5?.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group