Milo Yiannopoulos

Post a picture or Youtube of something interesting, no peaches or muffins please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.
The Lord Flashheart
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Ham & Pea

Re: Milo Yiannopoulos

#41 Post by The Lord Flashheart »

Hrun wrote:
The Lord Flashheart wrote:
christel wrote:Thanks for posting.

I do not care where he leans, politically, sexually, ideologically, as long as Milo keeps fighting all the snow flakes and feminists ;)
His comments about gay teenagers learning their trade from older gay men were a little too gauche for me and I do a side line in upsetting snowflakes and safe space types... :D
Read the book, or at least search online.. he explains his naive comments which came back to haunt him years later. If you are interested, he is a victim who was taken advantage of..
I have done a little research, hence my lack of sympathy.

For a man who made his living by poo-pooing victimhood to then try and offer his own by Way of excuse for his own excesses is ironic to an absurd degree.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/milo-yian ... victimhood

This isn't just schadenfreude, his affectation ( when expedient) of what he claims to detest rather undermines the basis of his public being, unfortunately.
Christel
Site Admin

#42 Post by Christel »

The Mercers who financially support Bretbart has also supported Milo in the past.
Hrun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: PRPC

#43 Post by Hrun »

I had to look up schadenfreude, good word. I agree withyou, it is not one of his nicer traits. As I said, I don't agree with everything he says, indeed I rarely agree with anyone all of the time.

But I do think society needs calling out on many disturbing aspects, and at least he is challenging the mainstream.
The Lord Flashheart
Past Supporter

#44 Post by The Lord Flashheart »

I agree with you, however I regard the alt-right as one of the disturbing aspects of modern society, allied to the rise of ethno-nationalistic extremism more generally.
Christel
Site Admin

#45 Post by Christel »

Milo is not alt-right.

However the media would like to label him as such.
The Lord Flashheart
Past Supporter

#46 Post by The Lord Flashheart »

Odd given that he was the alt right for so long and under paid instructions to be so, as per the article I posted earlier on this thread.

An example to wit:
It’s a relationship illustrated most starkly by a previously unreleased April 2016 video in which Yiannopoulos sings “America the Beautiful” in a Dallas karaoke bar as admirers, including the white nationalist Richard Spencer, raise their arms in Nazi salutes.

These documents chart the Breitbart alt-right universe. They reveal how the website — and, in particular, Yiannopoulos — links the Mercer family, the billionaires who fund Breitbart, to underpaid trolls who fill it with provocative content, and to extremists striving to create a white ethnostate.

They capture what Bannon calls his “killing machine” in action, as it dredges up the resentments of people around the world, sifts through these grievances for ideas and content, and propels them from the unsavory parts of the internet up to TrumpWorld, collecting advertisers’ checks all along the way.

And the cache of emails — some of the most newsworthy of which BuzzFeed News is now making public — expose the extent to which this machine depended on Yiannopoulos, who channeled voices both inside and outside the establishment into a clear narrative about the threat liberal discourse posed to America. The emails tell the story of Steve Bannon’s grand plan for Yiannopoulos, whom the Breitbart executive chairman transformed from a charismatic young editor into a conservative media star capable of magnetizing a new generation of reactionary anger
After the Alt-right turned their backs on him in the wake of Yiannopoulos' comments in support of paedophilia in limited circumstances he unsurprisingly claimed to have "been the first against the war when the revolution started" as Douglas Adams (PBUH) once rather memorably put.

I understand that something along the lines of “alt-lite” is more apt now, a bit of a dismal end for a shock jockey. :D
Christel
Site Admin

#47 Post by Christel »

His book explains a lot, without the "noise" from the media.
The Lord Flashheart
Past Supporter

#48 Post by The Lord Flashheart »

I'm sure it does, retrospect is a beautiful thing as Trump might say... :D
Christel
Site Admin

#49 Post by Christel »

"Daddy"

lol
The Lord Flashheart
Past Supporter

#50 Post by The Lord Flashheart »

Exactly, weird s*** and not exactly my idea of a journalistic hero.

Take Bob Fisk for example, he's worth following and seeing who he upsets.