Best thing ever to happen to kids

Post a picture or Youtube of something interesting, no peaches or muffins please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.
Meaty
Home club or Range: Grove Small Arms.Thetford Gallery, STANTA, Barton Road

Re: Best thing ever to happen to kids

#11 Post by Meaty »

TomH wrote:
Meaty wrote:My youngest goes to a 'forest school' a couple of days a week (they own their own woods!)
Yesterday they collected eggs, built a campfire, made pointy sticks, cooked dampers and eggs on the open fire and went fishing. Little one comes home smelling of smoke, dirty, sometimes a bit wet but with the biggest smile on his face-sleeps like a log as well. Thats what education is all about-plenty of time for the 3R's latter on.
The fact that the young woman that owns it is rather tidy and has an aversion to bras has nothing to do with us sending him there. ;)
ttiuwp

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl= ... mrc&uact=8
"There are four boxes to be used in the defence of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Please use in that order."
TomH
Site Supporter Since 2017
Home club or Range: ORPC

#12 Post by TomH »

wallhead ****
Kungfugerbil
Past Supporter

#13 Post by Kungfugerbil »

Meaty wrote:My youngest goes to a 'forest school' a couple of days a week (they own their own woods!)
My 5yo lad does an evening of Forest School per week too. Great stuff - axes, fires, eating nettles and so on. No ladies with free-sprung undercarriages though...
JimJimmy

#14 Post by JimJimmy »

They used to have outdoor schools for kids with asthma back in the day to toughen them up. Worked better than giving them inhalers!
@nd

School in Eastbourne

#15 Post by @nd »

https://www.facebook.com/Channel4News/v ... 292226939/

Not sure where to put this?? Found this on my F/B page i think is worth a look
Chuck

#16 Post by Chuck »

They used to have outdoor schools for kids with asthma back in the day to toughen them up. Worked better than giving them inhalers!
Have you ever had asthma???
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Christel
Site Admin

#17 Post by Christel »

Chuck wrote:
Have you ever had asthma???
If the asthma was down to poor air (London) then yes the outdoor schools would have worked better than inhalers. Not saying they did not need the inhalers however the fresh air would certainly have done them good.
Also it used to be a common diagnosis, difficulty breathing, you have asthma, coughing, you have asthma. Here is an inhaler.

It might not have been asthma and the inhaler might have worked so it was never investigated thoroughly.
Gazza

#18 Post by Gazza »

Our kids would love this woodland weekend thing. Anywhere in Yorkshire do it?
I think the youngest would take it to extremes though. He'd turn up, Ghillie up and then disappear for the weekend :D
Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#19 Post by Daryll »

My daughter is an early years teacher at a free school in Plymouth, and one of her favorite things is to get the kids out of the classroom and into the woods, pond dipping, bark rubbing, etc... I think the school would draw the line at hunting and fishing though!