B-29 at Camarillo CA

Post a picture or Youtube of something interesting, no peaches or muffins please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: B-29 at Camarillo CA

#11 Post by 1066 »

Had a pleasant day at Duxford last Friday - There's B29 there. I just cant imagine how they managed to squeeze so many planes into one building in the American hanger.
Just of the top of my head:
B52, B29. SR71, U2, F111, Dakota, Mustang, A10, B25, F100, F4, P47, F15 etc.

also very nostalgic to see planes from the days when we lead the world in jet designs. Remember feeling the overwhelming power of the Lightnings and Vulcans when standing close to the runway at the Farnborough air shows in the 1950's.

Vulcan, Lightening, Hunter, Meteor, Javelin, Sea Vixen, Sea Hawk, Buccaneer, Canberra, TSR-2,
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
RDC

#12 Post by RDC »

1066 wrote: also very nostalgic to see planes from the days when we lead the world in jet designs. Remember feeling the overwhelming power of the Lightnings and Vulcans when standing close to the runway at the Farnborough air shows in the 1950's.

Vulcan, Lightening, Hunter, Meteor, Javelin, Sea Vixen, Sea Hawk, Buccaneer, Canberra, TSR-2,
If you ever manage to find a copy, Derek Wood's book 'Project Cancelled: Disaster of Britain's Abandoned Aircraft Projects' is worth a read.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Project-Cancel ... 0710604416
Site Supporter Since 2015

#13 Post by 1066 »

RDC wrote:
1066 wrote: also very nostalgic to see planes from the days when we lead the world in jet designs. Remember feeling the overwhelming power of the Lightnings and Vulcans when standing close to the runway at the Farnborough air shows in the 1950's.

If you ever manage to find a copy, Derek Wood's book 'Project Cancelled: Disaster of Britain's Abandoned Aircraft Projects' is worth a read.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Project-Cancel ... 0710604416
Thanks for that - I'll read that.

Recent books I've read and enjoyed:
Empire of the clouds - The heyday of British jet design.
Faster than the sun - Peter Twiss, Fairey Delta 2 and how we broke the world speed record by a whopping 300mph in 1956
Test Pilot - Geoff Duke and the development of the Hunter.
Flying Fury - James McCudden RCF WW1
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com