Savage Arab Pranks

Post a picture or Youtube of something interesting, no peaches or muffins please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Savage Arab Pranks

#11 Post by dromia »

safetyfirst wrote:
dromia wrote:I have a you tube blocker, gave up visiting that pile of sh!te site ages ago.
thats like saying you’ve stopped drinking beer because of Carling.

Would you stop watching TV because of Naked Celebrity Jungle?

I don’t understand.
I stopped watching TV in 1991, binned it and we have never had a TV in the house since.

I have no doubt that there is the odd snippet of value on you tube but years ago I gave up wading through the sh!te to try and find these elusive snippets.

As with the absence of TV my life is quiet fine without you tube and in no way do I feel that I am the worse for it in fact it gives me time for things that are more meaningful to me, just because it is there doesn't mean that you have to use it.

If the masses think something is a good idea then it definitely isn't.

I came into this life without the internet and I intend to leave this life being internet free as well.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#12 Post by kennyc »

dromia wrote:
safetyfirst wrote:
dromia wrote:I have a you tube blocker, gave up visiting that pile of sh!te site ages ago.
thats like saying you’ve stopped drinking beer because of Carling.

Would you stop watching TV because of Naked Celebrity Jungle?

I don’t understand.
I stopped watching TV in 1991, binned it and we have never had a TV in the house since.

I have no doubt that there is the odd snippet of value on you tube but years ago I gave up wading through the sh!te to try and find these elusive snippets.

As with the absence of TV my life is quiet fine without you tube and in no way do I feel that I am the worse for it in fact it gives me time for things that are more meaningful to me, just because it is there doesn't mean that you have to use it.

If the masses think something is a good idea then it definitely isn't.

I came into this life without the internet and I intend to leave this life being internet free as well.
a curious statement, made on the internet, by someone who runs an internet forum ? :p
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#13 Post by safetyfirst »

Totally respect the lack of a tv, me too.

The internet though.

Hmm.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#14 Post by dromia »

My internet usage is getting less and less, deliberately so.

Things come and go on the internet as in life and Full-Bore UK will be no different.

The purpose of this forum was and is to provide UK gun owners with a place to share however during its life things have moved on in the digital world and I suspect that for communities like this in this format our days are numbered.

For me personally the other formats are things I have no desire to use so, with a little proactive help from me, my internet usage will continue to wither on the vine.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

Gazza

#15 Post by Gazza »

Its all getting very dramatic on here....is that a violin I here? lol
I'm all for no TV. Our TV is just used as a monitor for the Xbox these days. The kids are in full control of it and don't watch ANY TV at all and never have :good:
As for Youtube...its my new TV wtf If I need to know how to do something chances are there is a video on there to show me as well as some proper old fashioned comedy/drama/film etc :good:
dromia
Site Admin

#16 Post by dromia »

Each to his own, for me the less media in my life the better, I have very little actual need for it, and the exploitation of its users is not something I want to give myself to.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#17 Post by Dark Skies »

Gazza wrote:Its all getting very dramatic on here....is that a violin I here? lol
I'm all for no TV. Our TV is just used as a monitor for the Xbox these days. The kids are in full control of it and don't watch ANY TV at all and never have :good:
As for Youtube...its my new TV wtf If I need to know how to do something chances are there is a video on there to show me as well as some proper old fashioned comedy/drama/film etc :good:
It's all a matter of filtering. There is an AWFUL LOT of toss on Youtube - and some pretty insane and vicious comments over some really trivial matters. I avoid them.

However, there are some really knowledgable people posting useful stuff regarding repairs / maintenance / reviews pertaining to firearms, computers, mechanics, and vehicles that have proved very informative for me.

As for TV - I have six in the house and the only one that gets switched on is the one in the granny flat that my elderly mother lives in. One of the few benefits of the onset of dementia is 'Murder She Wrote' is a fresh new story every day. :)
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#18 Post by Geek »

Gazza wrote:I'm amazed they didnt get the the s*** kicked out of them or shot :D
Agreed
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S