Have a Good Christmas

Post a picture or Youtube of something interesting, no peaches or muffins please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Have a Good Christmas

#21 Post by dromia »

Pleased you enjoyed them.

I have over 4,000 vinyl albums in my collection and gave up on listening to "new" music in the late '80s due the introduction of the rip off CD and little new in the way of music. Still I have plenty of variety on my shelves to see me out and vinyl is way ahead of digital in quality.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
MistAgain

#22 Post by MistAgain »

To all those out there who are fighting to keep shooting sports alive in this country , HAPPY CHRISTMAS .

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr2vXDLK7wk
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#23 Post by shugie »

dromia wrote:Pleased you enjoyed them.

I have over 4,000 vinyl albums in my collection and gave up on listening to "new" music in the late '80s due the introduction of the rip off CD and little new in the way of music. Still I have plenty of variety on my shelves to see me out and vinyl is way ahead of digital in quality.
There's been an abundance of new music that someone who likes the records you've posted could be expected to like, there's almost too much to be aware of. And I agree vinyl is better than CDs, the digital world has got a bit closer with the introduction of high bit rate streams on services like Tidal, was listening to the Nice on there recently and was pleasantly surprised by the sound quality. It's wonderful to be able to look through stuff they've got and find music I've not heard for many years.

But 4,000 albums is a proper collectors collection, so you've probably got most of it in there somewhere.
Careful now/that sort of thing
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#24 Post by dromia »

The reason I gave up on "new" music was that I kept hearing stuff I'd heard before in it.

Of course there is always rap but that isn't music.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#25 Post by meles meles »

Pah ! Technology ? We'll see your 4,000 vinyls and raise you an orchestra in the sett and a bunch of troubadours that follow us around and play real music
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
dromia
Site Admin

#26 Post by dromia »

Hard to get the orchestras on the shelves and they get dizzy spinning round at 33 1/3 RPM.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

shugie
Past Supporter

#27 Post by shugie »

dromia wrote:The reason I gave up on "new" music was that I kept hearing stuff I'd heard before in it.

Of course there is always rap but that isn't music.
Some of it has decent tunes until some half wit opens their gob and starts complaining. But otherwise largely dire.
shugie
Past Supporter

#28 Post by shugie »

meles meles wrote:Pah ! Technology ? We'll see your 4,000 vinyls and raise you an orchestra in the sett and a bunch of troubadours that follow us around and play real music
Troubadours eh, foreign word that, hope they're from decent English yeoman stock. And not too bolshy, troubadours can have a difficult work ethic if allowed to make free with the vino callapso.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#29 Post by Ovenpaa »

Primal Scream because they are Primal Scream and Denise Johnson was lovely. Laura Veirs because Alex Guy is on Violin and accompanying vocals and she is so under rated and finally, Lorn and Acid rain because it was voted 2015 UK MVA 'Best Dance Music Video' Winner. Dance music it aint :)

Nearly forgot, happy f*** holiday and a very Merry Christmas to you all :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal