C&Rsenal

Post a picture or Youtube of something interesting, no peaches or muffins please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

C&Rsenal

#1 Post by kennyc »

as they have been demonetised this week (presumably because of their Anvil series of firearm refurbishment) they have split the Anvil series off from the main channel, if you haven't watched their videos before, they tend to be quite long and involved, but are mainly historical in content, the new channel for the anvil videos's is here

Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: C&Rsenal

#2 Post by Pete »

???

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#3 Post by Pete »

OK, I think I've got it...............they've been uploading and making money from, material that utube now considers to be non-pc or whatever, and no longer will allow them to make money from it, so they're going to upload it somewhere else....................is that a big deal?

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#4 Post by snayperskaya »

Pete wrote:OK, I think I've got it...............they've been uploading and making money from, material that utube now considers to be non-pc or whatever, and no longer will allow them to make money from it, so they're going to upload it somewhere else....................is that a big deal?

Pete
I suppose it is for them if they ain't making money!
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#5 Post by kennyc »

Pete wrote:OK, I think I've got it...............they've been uploading and making money from, material that utube now considers to be non-pc or whatever, and no longer will allow them to make money from it, so they're going to upload it somewhere else....................is that a big deal?

Pete
most youtube contributers do so as a hobby,most pay a good part of the costs out of their own pocket, some people actually like the efforts that they produce, possibly some of those wouldn't be aware that the channel has split, hence the heads up.

PS in answer to the sarcastic tone of your reply, I suggest you listen to it again, it will still be posted on youtube as this is the biggest platform of its type (and it encouraged people to create channels and content in the first place, which is how youtube grew to the position it is in now)
to put it into context, they upload content, youtube sell advertising using that content in part to do so, and then pass a small amount of that money to the contributer, in the case of firearms related channels youtube still play adverts before and during the videos but keep the revenue, effectively benefiting from someone elses work (or do you believe these things just appear out of thin air?)
this is not the only firearms related channel to have problems.
however if you are happy to watch 30sec or even 3 hour videos of cute cats then rock on, at the moment these are still considered "ad Friendly" so fill yer boots ...........
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

I do watch Mark's videos from time to time and they are always long and usually worth watching or at least skimming. Producing videos is incredibly time consuming so getting some cash for them has to be good. I am already subscribed to his new channel and look forward to his new stuff.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal