Test pic

Testing 1,2,3 Testing - If you want to test how to post this is the place.
Deadeye18

Test pic

#1 Post by Deadeye18 »

20170315_191612_LLS-979x551.jpg
Test test test
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Test pic

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

A good looking .410 there!
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Deadeye18

#3 Post by Deadeye18 »

Cheers Ovenpaa Both mausers and the enfield are .410 the little webley is 9mm. The mississippi is .58cal and the winchester 1200 is 12gague. The G98 mauser and the 58 are very special to me as they were my dad's.The Kar98k is a fake made from a Czech vz24 action+barrel and bolt that's been bent down,rear sight was out of my spares box and the semi kreigsmodell stock is another spare I had.I just need to add a front sight and it will look Ok.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Ah so it is a 9mm so a little garden gun, I owned one many years ago and gave it away when I was running out of cabinet space.

We have a few .410 conversions here, are yours restricted to single shot or are they on an FAC?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#5 Post by froggy »

That K98 stock with its dissassenbly disc & bayo lug doesn't look very "Semi Kriegsmodell" to me ;)
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Deadeye18

#6 Post by Deadeye18 »

Ovenpaa wrote:Ah so it is a 9mm so a little garden gun, I owned one many years ago and gave it away when I was running out of cabinet space.

We have a few .410 conversions here, are yours restricted to single shot or are they on an FAC?
Sadly they are single as I don't have my FAC yet.
Deadeye18

#7 Post by Deadeye18 »

froggy wrote:That K98 stock with its dissassenbly disc & bayo lug doesn't look very "Semi Kriegsmodell" to me ;)
Hello froggy yes your right,bolt disassembly disk+bayonet lug ,cupped but plate laminate stock and also still has band spring,I used the american collector term for that configuration.They usually call the full kreigsmodel that has all those features apart from the laminate and cupped but plate deleted.If service rifles a big on this forum I'm gonna love it here!I've got a better stock for this on the way.Early war one in walnut with flat but plate and early H front band.
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#8 Post by froggy »

As you are very rightly pointing out, the appelation is not an official 3rd Reich period one but a modern collectors one. I could be wrong, but I think the one feature "Semi & full kriegsmodell" all have in common (*) is the absence of bayo lug. When was you Vz 24 made ?
BTW, Quite a few FB members shoot mil-surp rifles, so you'll find a lot of like-minded people ;)

(*) except the Gustloff made k98 that kept it right till the end.
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Deadeye18

#9 Post by Deadeye18 »

I honestly don't know when it was made froggy theres no date stamp that i can see but it's definitely wartime captured as there's a german waffenampt stamp on the barrel.I have a german G24(t) stock which would have been correct for it but I didn't have a vz24 rear sight so I put a 98k one on it and it looks Ok. Just need to add a front sight then ill try it out on a few clays etc.My aim for the future is to get my FAC and buy a kar98k fullbore.I've been having a look at all the forum ladt night and its great that theres a bit of everything as I'm interested in all types of firearms but mil surps especially.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#10 Post by dromia »

The Military and Historic Rifles section is the place for such discussions, this is the test forum.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/