Uploading a picture

Testing 1,2,3 Testing - If you want to test how to post this is the place.
jack1
Home club or Range: Sittingbourne rifle and pistol club

Uploading a picture

#1 Post by jack1 »

Hi
Could someone please explain step by step how I would upload a picture from my PC
Thanks
jack
bangbang
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

Re: Uploading a picture

#2 Post by bradaz11 »

When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: Uploading a picture

#3 Post by Alpha1 »

Down load and install irfanview its free. http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm
Take your picture using a camera a phone or a tablet up load the pictures to your PC. Create a new folder on your desk top call it pictures. Drag your pictures into the folder. Open the folder double click one of the pictures it will open up in irfanview. resize the pictures so they will fit on the forum.
Then save the picture as give it a number. Click through the rest of the pictures and resize and save them.
Close irfanview go to the forum click on the topic you want to post them in go to reply to topic. scroll down at the bottom of your post you will see choose a file click on it navigate to your desk top then open the folder you named pictures double click the picture you want to post.
click on add file.
repeat the process if you wish you can add a maximum of three pics at a time.
You see a box at the bottom of your post saying add file just add them one by one.
You are done. You can delete the pictures in your folder or save them to my pictures thus clearing the folder for the next time you want to add pics.
It takes me ten minutes to add pictures from my phone resize them and add them to a post.