Flickr test

Testing 1,2,3 Testing - If you want to test how to post this is the place.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: Flickr test

#21 Post by Alpha1 »

Each to his own I guess.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#22 Post by Blackstuff »

HALODIN wrote:I don't see how photobucket is any different to Flikr, the albums aren't private as far as I can tell. There's a search facility on the front page. Put this into a browser -

site:photobucket.com *.jpg

On flikr just don't add metadata or rename your .jpg's to anything meaningful.
With Photobucket you can simply click on a privacy button for any of your albums in your library and make it private. I can't work out how to do that on Flickr.

Imgur looked like an option but the mobile app is about as straightforward as spaghetti junction, its more like a social media site rather than a photo hosting/sharing site

The reason I use them is because the computer I use at work (where I do the vast majority of my 'foruming' is not compatible with this and other forums. I simply can't upload photos directly to the forum from the computer, hell, I can barely open threads on here! troutslapping
DVC
HH1
Home club or Range: PSA

#23 Post by HH1 »

Ovenpaa wrote:Equally there is nothing worse than trying to research something, you eventually find a reference to it, only to find all the pictures are missing.
That and my other pet hate.... you look at a Sales post of something that has sold and the person has edited out the original asking price **** I see it happen across Gun, Knife, Watch and EDC forums. If you are after something it is useful to know what your likely going to have to pay for it.
Plumose
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: D&DR&RC

#24 Post by Plumose »

You can set various options in Flickr, on the page with your photo on scroll down and at the bottom right you will see Viewing Privacy, and you can change the options there.
Deddington and District Rifle and Revolver Club (D&DR&RC) http://www.ddrrc.net
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#25 Post by HALODIN »

The thing is, anything posted to a forum wouldn't be a private image anyway, otherwise it wouldn't be visible on the forum by others.

If you want to make a photo private, scroll down to the bottom of your photo and under "Additional info" > "Viewing privacy" set it to "Private." You can set albums to private as well.

You can change the default security by updating your account privacy settings.

https://www.flickr.com/account/privacy
Blackstuff wrote:With Photobucket you can simply click on a privacy button for any of your albums in your library and make it private. I can't work out how to do that on Flickr.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#26 Post by GeeRam »

Blackstuff wrote:
HALODIN wrote:I don't see how photobucket is any different to Flikr, the albums aren't private as far as I can tell. There's a search facility on the front page. Put this into a browser -

site:photobucket.com *.jpg

On flikr just don't add metadata or rename your .jpg's to anything meaningful.
With Photobucket you can simply click on a privacy button for any of your albums in your library and make it private. I can't work out how to do that on Flickr.

Imgur looked like an option but the mobile app is about as straightforward as spaghetti junction, its more like a social media site rather than a photo hosting/sharing site
I read elsewhere that Imgur have recently changed their T&C's effectively forbidding you using it for 3rd party linking - so don't be surprised if they don't go the same way as Fotophucket - once one does, they will all follow.

The days of the free internet era are drawing to a close I think.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#27 Post by Alpha1 »

Ill stick with my computer for storing editing and attaching pics to forums etc thank you.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#28 Post by Blackstuff »

HALODIN wrote:The thing is, anything posted to a forum wouldn't be a private image anyway, otherwise it wouldn't be visible on the forum by others.

If you want to make a photo private, scroll down to the bottom of your photo and under "Additional info" > "Viewing privacy" set it to "Private." You can set albums to private as well.

You can change the default security by updating your account privacy settings.

https://www.flickr.com/account/privacy
Blackstuff wrote:With Photobucket you can simply click on a privacy button for any of your albums in your library and make it private. I can't work out how to do that on Flickr.
Theres just a tad difference between the size and demographic of the audience between the entire of Flickr and Fullbore though lol

If I can get the bloody thing to let me login i'll have a look at those links to privacy :good:

EDIT: Now got the privacy part sorted, lets see if I can actually get an image to display!

Yeah! No to get everything transferred troutslapping
DVC
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#29 Post by bradaz11 »

HALODIN wrote:The thing is, anything posted to a forum wouldn't be a private image anyway, otherwise it wouldn't be visible on the forum by others.
yeah but photobucket let you take an image from a folder that is not public, and share a link directly to that pic. you don't see anything else in the folder, just the one selected pic. even if multiple pics in that album have been linked, they are all their own entity within the image links, so only go back to the site as one stand alone image.

you don't seem to be able to do that on flickr, you can make an album private, and you can make pics in a public album private, but there is no way that i've seen to make one pic within a private album, public. and if you host multiple pics from a private album, you can then navigate between all the public images in that private album after following one image link.

or am I missing a setting somewhere?
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#30 Post by HALODIN »

All I meant was anything visible to full-bore is exposed to google as well. Personally I like flikr, I have 1TB of disk space and they offer a public, friends and family filter which is good enough for me.
Blackstuff wrote:Theres just a tad difference between the size and demographic of the audience between the entire of Flickr and Fullbore though lol