image testing threads

Testing 1,2,3 Testing - If you want to test how to post this is the place.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

Re: image testing threads

#31 Post by safetyfirst »

Joe has helpfully offered to send me the images. I suspect they are either bigger than the 10Mb limit or in RAW format but we’ll see!
jjvc

#32 Post by jjvc »

That's odd this big one seems to work.
Attachments
6c steyr 032.JPG
jjvc

#33 Post by jjvc »

Lots of my early stuff is on photobucket unfortunately Dave and I can't be ersed even trying to view them on there, it's a pain just trying to get my own pics back off that site so I gave up even trying.
Joe
Alpha1 wrote:I know Joe just playing I was bored. I have seen lots of your very interesting photo posts over the years.bangbang
I still keep some of your early stuff in folders on my PC. Just in case you should need a Calender. lol
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#34 Post by dromia »

Aye photobucket has gone to the dogs, still I got nigh of 15 years free photohosting out of them. Nothing is forever on the netty, even forums go tits up so the photos aren't even guaranteed here.

Never use the cloud as storage only, all my digital photos are on hard drives as well. I have moved to image shack for photo hosting, pay site but not a lot for my requirements so worth it for me. The issue I have with uploading to the forum is the small size of the photos, I like them big to see the details.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#35 Post by Alpha1 »

I have never used a photo hosting site. All my photos and some other peoples stuff that has been of interest to me is stored in folders on hard drives. I have all ways done it this way. But if other people are struggling then a facility to upload pics and have them sized automatically can not be a bad thing.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#36 Post by dromia »

No one has said it is a bad thing just different strokes for different folks, what suits one might not suit another. You are happy to resize, other people aren't.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#37 Post by bradaz11 »

jjvc wrote:Lots of my early stuff is on photobucket unfortunately Dave and I can't be ersed even trying to view them on there, it's a pain just trying to get my own pics back off that site so I gave up even trying.
Joe
Alpha1 wrote:I know Joe just playing I was bored. I have seen lots of your very interesting photo posts over the years.bangbang
I still keep some of your early stuff in folders on my PC. Just in case you should need a Calender. lol
if you have a smart phone, I've found the app is a lot faster for accessing the photos, then copy and paste a load of links to myself, and go direct to the pics on the PC that I want to retrieve, and save.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Alpha1

#38 Post by Alpha1 »

bradaz11 wrote:
jjvc wrote:Lots of my early stuff is on photobucket unfortunately Dave and I can't be ersed even trying to view them on there, it's a pain just trying to get my own pics back off that site so I gave up even trying.
Joe
if you have a smart phone, I've found the app is a lot faster for accessing the photos, then copy and paste a load of links to myself, and go direct to the pics on the PC that I want to retrieve, and save.
I don't know what a app is but I can transfer pictures from my phone tablet ipad boing to folders on my desk top in minutes. I can have them posted in the forum on average in ten minutes. Is a app going to help me do it any quicker. ?
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#39 Post by bradaz11 »

Alpha1 wrote:
bradaz11 wrote:
Joe
I don't know what a app is but I can transfer pictures from my phone tablet ipad boing to folders on my desk top in minutes. I can have them posted in the forum on average in ten minutes. Is a app going to help me do it any quicker. ?
My reply wasn't to you, Joe quoted you, not me. I didn't mean to quote yours in my reply, my post was aimed at Joe, and I meant the photobucket app, which obviously won't apply to you as you don't host pics or have any hosted on PB.

but as you ask, yes, an app on your phone will help you post photos from that phone much faster, if you use an app called
T A P A T A L K
you can use it to browse the forum on your phone, and use it to post pics, the pic upload doesn't need any editing of the pic, you just select it from your phone gallery and insert, and it is as simple as that. 10 seconds rather than 10 minutes.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Alpha1

#40 Post by Alpha1 »

Ah I get it now you are posting pics direct from the phone. Not from a PC. I only use my phone to take pics and for tethering. I probably use it about once a month to actualy make a phone call with if that. It takes me all my time to be able to see whats on the screen on the darn thing.