Replying to For Sale or Wanted Post

This is where our forum rules and regulations can be found, please adhere.
All new members dive in here and read the content before posting, please :)
The forum contact email is admin(at)full-bore.co.uk or dromia(at)full-bore.co.uk
OUR PRIVACY POLICY CAN BE FOUND IN HERE.

Moderator: dromia

Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

Re: Replying to For Sale or Wanted Post

#31 Post by Mattnall »

This forum is a private forum run for shooters and survives on donations and the good will of the owners. It is their house so their rules. We don't always agree on things but things generally run smoothly.

If you want to join a forum find one that does what you want rather than join one that has been running successfully for a good many years and then try to change it to your ideal forum.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Chainsaw

#32 Post by Chainsaw »

dromia wrote:
Chainsaw wrote:Ok, serious question here,,, I'm new here so forgive me for being somewhat blunt,,

I have been looking at all the different parts of the forum and came across this somewhat old but relevant thread,[yes I would like to put cash in some of the members pockets,,but,I have nothing to sell. but having read the last few posts it would appear this place could be taken as being somewhat "elitist" in its approach to new members, why is it possible for a post to be deemed unsuitable for everyone here by a single person? as for coming on here just to sell stuff, or indeed buy from existing members, I,m sorry but I fail to see how it helps anyone to remove potential buyers from being able to buy from existing members. surely this is how friendships and common interests are formed. if this gets removed before anyone is allowed to comment it just smacks of extreme censorship and megalomania. to quote a previous poster,,

"It's a bit nonsensical to be able to contribute 7 or 8 post to a thread in an informative discussion to then have them deleted, regardless of context?
After all, as you yourself said on the previous page to a new member who wasn't posting-

"We are a shooting community where we like to discuss gun ownership and shooting. We expect members to contribute and not just take from the forum as that is the only way we thrive".

So it's a little galling when I try to contribute & it gets deleted!...
Obviously after a day here you have decided that the place doesn't suit you, so feel free to find another forum that is more to your taste, no one is making you come here.
no you decided that. all on your own, just like everything on here it seems.
"I'm sorry we don't agree with your point of view, but there isn't room up your ass for all our heads."
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#33 Post by breacher »

Chainsaw wrote:
dromia wrote:
Chainsaw wrote:Ok, serious question here,,, I'm new here so forgive me for being somewhat blunt,,

I have been looking at all the different parts of the forum and came across this somewhat old but relevant thread,[yes I would like to put cash in some of the members pockets,,but,I have nothing to sell. but having read the last few posts it would appear this place could be taken as being somewhat "elitist" in its approach to new members, why is it possible for a post to be deemed unsuitable for everyone here by a single person? as for coming on here just to sell stuff, or indeed buy from existing members, I,m sorry but I fail to see how it helps anyone to remove potential buyers from being able to buy from existing members. surely this is how friendships and common interests are formed. if this gets removed before anyone is allowed to comment it just smacks of extreme censorship and megalomania. to quote a previous poster,,

"It's a bit nonsensical to be able to contribute 7 or 8 post to a thread in an informative discussion to then have them deleted, regardless of context?
After all, as you yourself said on the previous page to a new member who wasn't posting-

"We are a shooting community where we like to discuss gun ownership and shooting. We expect members to contribute and not just take from the forum as that is the only way we thrive".

Obviously after a day here you have decided that the place doesn't suit you, so feel free to find another forum that is more to your taste, no one is making you come here.
Is it really such a chore to contribute a little in order to avail of the for sale section ?
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#34 Post by dromia »

Chainsaw wrote:
dromia wrote:

Yes I decided that based on the substance and attitude of your previous posts, that is my role here. This example of your view, and continuing to break the forum rules is a bit of a give away.

"Thanks for the welcome,, [well that's another rule broken I guess 8-) ]
spam ridden mess you say??? so asking for once fired 243 brass is obviously up there with erectile dysfunction cures and russian mail order brides. kukkuk
no offence but I can't see me lasting long here at all."

Christel and I make the decisions here, no one else. We have rules and conventions which you agreed to when you signed up here. If it is too onerous for you to keep to these rules then you shouldn't have joined, if you cannot adhere to the rules the you will not last long here.

Twisting on like a spoilt child because you have been corrected just reflects badly upon you. Obviously you have joined as a way of seeking some items you want and having found out that you cannot do this straight away you have spat out your dummy teat.

This is not for discussion, keep to the forum rules, modify your attitude and look to what you can give to the community here as opposed to what you can take from it and all will be well.

In case you hadn't noticed this is a forum for discussing shooting, not the Exchange and Mart!

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
dazeroo
Past Supporter

#35 Post by dazeroo »

I must admit I had no idea of the thinking behind the rule, re Newbies not having access to the sale/wanted section.
The way it is explained, earlier in this thread makes perfect sense, in hindsight.
I don't recall "trying" to make up a post count. There is so much info & debate on FB, I must have achieved it without noticing.
End of the day, I originally thought it a bit strange, but rules is rules. I never considered trying to get around them, or arguing about them. I felt I was a guest, so behaved as a good guest should.
Now a proud member, and supporter. My gut reaction would be, jog on!
I love my country, yet I fear my Government

Cymru am Byth
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#36 Post by Alpha1 »

I suspect the guy will jog on eventually I also suspect a lot of others have jogged on as well. This forum is different from the norm. I openly admit to struggling sometimes with the way the forum is moderated and I have had my fall outs in the past and I am sure I will again.
But the bottom line is Adam and Christel rule. It's there rules its there forum if you don't like it leave. Go play somewhere else and what ever you do dont try to edit your post after 5 minutes. A ridiculous rule but there you go a perfect example.
Christel
Site Admin

#37 Post by Christel »

I know some of you have not been here from the forum start so you wouldn't know, just want to say that the foundation for the forum was agreed upon by many people. A lot of people were asked what they wanted and as such the forum was formed.

Over the last few years it has been Adam and I who has made sure it all worked. Not much has been changed from the early days.
crismaqsood
Home club or Range: NRA

#38 Post by crismaqsood »

I don't think the admins have to justify themselves or the forum rules...

I'm an admin in other forums and we have our own set of rules (that EVERYONE that joins has to adhere to)...

We can agree or disagree... But at the end of the day there is a reason why admins exist, and that's to try and make a forum a pleasant, informative and helpful place for those seeking information...

I admit I have broken the rules (my apologies) by posting on an existing thread on the for sale section (my fault, read the rules but thought it only applied to selling stuff, not buying it) and got my posts deleted... Bottom line, no need to throw a tantrum over it.

This is not a mandatory forum, by all means, so if you're not happy with the way things are done, you can always leave...

Personally I love absorbing all the knowledge going around and have been actively participating in the threads. And I've been given so many good advices, I couldn't be happier!
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#39 Post by Mattnall »

crismaqsood wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:02 pm I don't think the admins have to justify themselves or the forum rules...

I'm an admin in other forums and we have our own set of rules (that EVERYONE that joins has to adhere to)...

We can agree or disagree... But at the end of the day there is a reason why admins exist, and that's to try and make a forum a pleasant, informative and helpful place for those seeking information...

I admit I have broken the rules (my apologies) by posting on an existing thread on the for sale section (my fault, read the rules but thought it only applied to selling stuff, not buying it) and got my posts deleted... Bottom line, no need to throw a tantrum over it.

This is not a mandatory forum, by all means, so if you're not happy with the way things are done, you can always leave...

Personally I love absorbing all the knowledge going around and have been actively participating in the threads. And I've been given so many good advices, I couldn't be happier!
Don't worry, Chainsaw had left the building long ago.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#40 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
Follow the rules they are for everyone's benefit, You can always make your feeling known and walk away.