Replying to For Sale or Wanted Post

This is where our forum rules and regulations can be found, please adhere.
All new members dive in here and read the content before posting, please :)
The forum contact email is admin(at)full-bore.co.uk or dromia(at)full-bore.co.uk
OUR PRIVACY POLICY CAN BE FOUND IN HERE.

Moderator: dromia

dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Replying to For Sale or Wanted Post

#21 Post by dromia »

Couldn't new members take more heed of the forums conventions as you agree to do when they join here.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Laverda981
Home club or Range: Rossendale

#22 Post by Laverda981 »

dromia wrote:Couldn't new members take more heed of the forums conventions as you agree to do when they join here.
Or, if I'm not allowed to comment on a thread perhaps it shouldn't be possible to?...
It's a bit nonsensical to be able to contribute 7 or 8 post to a thread in an informative discussion to then have them deleted, regardless of context?
After all, as you yourself said on the previous page to a new member who wasn't posting-

"We are a shooting community where we like to discuss gun ownership and shooting. We expect members to contribute and not just take from the forum as that is the only way we thrive".

So it's a little galling when I try to contribute & it gets deleted!...
Imbel FAL .308
POF Revolt .308
K31 7.5 x 55
Lee Enfield No4 Mk2
Lee Enfield MkIII
Marlin 1894 .357
H&K 416
Ruger 10/22
Benelli M2
Remington 870
Christel
Site Admin

#23 Post by Christel »

It is clearly stated that new users are not allowed in the for sale/wanted section.

No matter how you twist and turn it, you as a newly registered user are not allowed in.

You very likely would have found the thread by using the search function which we have decided should remain open to all users.
Please refrain from posting in the for sale/wanted section until you have 15 meaningful contributory posts.

The house rules are there for everybody's protection.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#24 Post by Alpha1 »

If you are only here for the for sale/wanted section you are going to be so disappointed.
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#25 Post by Les »

k31 wrote:I am lost here. Why can't a member with 41 posts, post on or even access the for sale and wanted lists. You mentioned he had to have 15 posts to his name.
I am probably being stupid or something but I don't see it. The only reason why seems, he hasn't posted replies up to 15 posts on that page. Am I right?
What is the secret with the For sale and wanted lists.
I don't think there's any secret. The 15 post requirement is to stop people coming onto the forum just to sell their wares. Most forums have similar rules.
Chainsaw

#26 Post by Chainsaw »

Ok, serious question here,,, I'm new here so forgive me for being somewhat blunt,,

I have been looking at all the different parts of the forum and came across this somewhat old but relevant thread,[yes I would like to put cash in some of the members pockets,,but,I have nothing to sell. but having read the last few posts it would appear this place could be taken as being somewhat "elitist" in its approach to new members, why is it possible for a post to be deemed unsuitable for everyone here by a single person? as for coming on here just to sell stuff, or indeed buy from existing members, I,m sorry but I fail to see how it helps anyone to remove potential buyers from being able to buy from existing members. surely this is how friendships and common interests are formed. if this gets removed before anyone is allowed to comment it just smacks of extreme censorship and megalomania. to quote a previous poster,,

"It's a bit nonsensical to be able to contribute 7 or 8 post to a thread in an informative discussion to then have them deleted, regardless of context?
After all, as you yourself said on the previous page to a new member who wasn't posting-

"We are a shooting community where we like to discuss gun ownership and shooting. We expect members to contribute and not just take from the forum as that is the only way we thrive".

"I'm sorry we don't agree with your point of view, but there isn't room up your ass for all our heads."
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#27 Post by breacher »

Just contribute a little. Really, that is not hard is it ??
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#28 Post by safetyfirst »

Full Bore is a community, not a for sale website or a gun eBay or an advertising exercise like some forums.

If these rules were not in place the forum would quickly become a spam ridden mess, please take this wisdom from people who have run forums for decades.

I know it can be frustrating but I promise you that if you become a regular member here you will no longer doubt the sanity of the simple rules the caretakers of this fine community have put in place in order to preserve its value.

Welcome, I hope your stay is both long and fruitful!
Chainsaw

#29 Post by Chainsaw »

safetyfirst wrote:Full Bore is a community, not a for sale website or a gun eBay or an advertising exercise like some forums.

If these rules were not in place the forum would quickly become a spam ridden mess, please take this wisdom from people who have run forums for decades.

I know it can be frustrating but I promise you that if you become a regular member here you will no longer doubt the sanity of the simple rules the caretakers of this fine community have put in place in order to preserve its value.

Welcome, I hope your stay is both long and fruitful!

Thanks for the welcome,, [well that's another rule broken I guess 8-) ]
spam ridden mess you say??? so asking for once fired 243 brass is obviously up there with erectile dysfunction cures and russian mail order brides. kukkuk
no offence but I can't see me lasting long here at all.
"I'm sorry we don't agree with your point of view, but there isn't room up your ass for all our heads."
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#30 Post by dromia »

Chainsaw wrote:Ok, serious question here,,, I'm new here so forgive me for being somewhat blunt,,

I have been looking at all the different parts of the forum and came across this somewhat old but relevant thread,[yes I would like to put cash in some of the members pockets,,but,I have nothing to sell. but having read the last few posts it would appear this place could be taken as being somewhat "elitist" in its approach to new members, why is it possible for a post to be deemed unsuitable for everyone here by a single person? as for coming on here just to sell stuff, or indeed buy from existing members, I,m sorry but I fail to see how it helps anyone to remove potential buyers from being able to buy from existing members. surely this is how friendships and common interests are formed. if this gets removed before anyone is allowed to comment it just smacks of extreme censorship and megalomania. to quote a previous poster,,

"It's a bit nonsensical to be able to contribute 7 or 8 post to a thread in an informative discussion to then have them deleted, regardless of context?

Obviously after a day here you have decided that the place doesn't suit you, so feel free to find another forum that is more to your taste, no one is making you come here.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/