Schmidt-Rubin Gewehr 1911

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Sfwh

Schmidt-Rubin Gewehr 1911

#1 Post by Sfwh »

Very good condition Gewehr 1911 for sale with all matching numbers and original sling included. The tag with the name under the butt plate is still present.

7.5x55 Swiss with a 6 round detachable magazine and very smooth straight-pull bolt. Excellent Swiss military trigger. This rifle is, as expected for Swiss rifles, extremely accurate and I have shot it out to 1000 yards at Bisley. I also have the loading data I have for some loads that have worked well for me.

Can meet in London or at Bisley or ship to an RFD for a small extra cost.

£600
Attachments
IMG_2988.CR2.jpg
IMG_2987.CR2.jpg
IMG_2983.CR2 cropped.jpg
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

Re: Schmidt-Rubin Gewehr 1911

#2 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
These rifles are really very very good shooters, I have a mint one that I purchased some time ago and hand load for, Its my only iron sighted rifle that I can shoot with old eyes it may be something to do with the length ? Pity i could not sanction another, Good luck with your sale.
Sfwh

Re: Schmidt-Rubin Gewehr 1911

#3 Post by Sfwh »

Yeah, it's a fantastic shooter, but being Swiss that's not much of a surprise. It was the first rifle I bought, not including a Martini-Henry, and I hand load for mine too. The length I think definitely helps with the accuracy as I know that a lot of Swiss competitors would often choose the G11 over the newer K31's for that reason. Thanks, I'm a little sad that it's going but I just don't get to shoot it all that much anymore.