Trijicon

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Webley
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

Re: Trijicon

#11 Post by Webley »

Blackstuff wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:46 am I got rid of mine with when my MARS was confiscated. They're a great concept, the glass is lovely, they're near indestructible but the optical physics to get the ultra high field of view which results in a microscopic eye-relief is a deal breaker for me. Trying to use it while prone and wearing any kind of eye pro or sunglasses was near impossible without having it thwack you in the eye brow every shot. There are some much smaller, lighter and cheaper prism scopes out there now which offer everything the ACOG does and with a more usable eye relief.
It does depend on which model of ACOG you go for, my TA11 3.5x35 has a more reasonable eye relief at 2.4" than the TA01 or TA31 4x32 does at 1.5" for example.

Matt
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#12 Post by Blackstuff »

Practical shooter wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:52 pm
Blackstuff wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:46 am I got rid of mine with when my MARS was confiscated. They're a great concept, the glass is lovely, they're near indestructible but the optical physics to get the ultra high field of view which results in a microscopic eye-relief is a deal breaker for me. Trying to use it while prone and wearing any kind of eye pro or sunglasses was near impossible without having it thwack you in the eye brow every shot. There are some much smaller, lighter and cheaper prism scopes out there now which offer everything the ACOG does and with a more usable eye relief.
What other models would you recommend in place of the trijicon, thanks
I'm not sure I could go as far as recommending it as I have no 1st hand time with it, but I've heard good things about the Vortex Spitfire II. Its certainly a compact package, decent glass and no where near the cost of an ACOG
DVC
Dr. Strangelove

#13 Post by Dr. Strangelove »

Practical shooter wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:52 pm What other models would you recommend in place of the trijicon, thanks
What sort of shooting are you looking to do with it? And what rifle will it be put on?
Practical shooter

#14 Post by Practical shooter »

Hello
It be on a sp ar 223_5.56 target shooting normally out 500yds max
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#15 Post by channel12 »

A better option for what you want do is a Low Power Variable Optic (LPVO) which will give you the ablity to dial in elevations and windage. The ACOG was designed primarily for snap shooting in combat where quick acquisition of a target was needed. I don't think anybody shooting CSR these days is still using an ACOG, those who used one in the early days don't now. There are many more LVPO's readily available now and some have illuminated red dots or similar if you need fast target acquisition.
However if you have set your heart on an ACOG "just because" then carry on.
Dr. Strangelove

#16 Post by Dr. Strangelove »

Practical shooter wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:36 pm Hello
It be on a sp ar 223_5.56 target shooting normally out 500yds max
Something like this might work - https://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/prima ... r-5-56-308

My advice would be to ask around and see what other people are using. It also depends whether it’ll be used for CSR competitions at all or just target shooting.