Trijicon

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Practical shooter

Trijicon

#1 Post by Practical shooter »

Hello,
Is it possible to get a trijicon acog over here. Specifically the old style ones with the bible inscription. I have had a look online and can't seem to come across any here. Entry of adverts but none in stock. Its more just something I've noticed
Bolte
Home club or Range: NRA

Re: Trijicon

#2 Post by Bolte »

Practical shooter

#3 Post by Practical shooter »

Thanks I was struggling to see anything, more curious. Topic can be ignored or deleted cheers
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#4 Post by Mattnall »

I have a couple of different "God Scopes" bought before all the bible quote nonsense came out.
I heard Trijicon have stopped making them with the quote on and if they get one for repair they will remove the quote or replace the housing. Not sure if this was an unjustified rumour or not.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Practical shooter

#5 Post by Practical shooter »

I heard the same thing that once it became public knowledge about the quotes that they had to stop producing them with the quotes
walesdave

#6 Post by walesdave »

https://www.trijicon.com/frequently-asked-questions

"Does Trijicon inscribe Biblical references on its consumer products?
Yes, Trijicon places a small Biblical reference on the products we sell. It is a tradition started by our founder, and we continue it as a reflection of our company values. Although Trijicon has now offered to remove these references for military issued products, we will continue to inscribe our consumer products with Biblical references."

They're still at it!

And I'm glad to see they aren't restricting themselves to the Christian market - plenty of Torah quotes as well :good:
Racalman
Home club or Range: LPSC and NRA

#7 Post by Racalman »

Practical shooter wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:28 am Hello,
Is it possible to get a trijicon acog over here. Specifically the old style ones with the bible inscription. I have had a look online and can't seem to come across any here. Entry of adverts but none in stock. Its more just something I've noticed
I bought one a few years ago from here:

https://www.tactical-kit.co.uk

Ex Met police, body a bit scuffed but superb optics and it had the inscription.
Practical shooter

#8 Post by Practical shooter »

I had a look at that site but sadly don't seem to have any stock
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#9 Post by Blackstuff »

I got rid of mine with when my MARS was confiscated. They're a great concept, the glass is lovely, they're near indestructible but the optical physics to get the ultra high field of view which results in a microscopic eye-relief is a deal breaker for me. Trying to use it while prone and wearing any kind of eye pro or sunglasses was near impossible without having it thwack you in the eye brow every shot. There are some much smaller, lighter and cheaper prism scopes out there now which offer everything the ACOG does and with a more usable eye relief.
DVC
Practical shooter

#10 Post by Practical shooter »

Blackstuff wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:46 am I got rid of mine with when my MARS was confiscated. They're a great concept, the glass is lovely, they're near indestructible but the optical physics to get the ultra high field of view which results in a microscopic eye-relief is a deal breaker for me. Trying to use it while prone and wearing any kind of eye pro or sunglasses was near impossible without having it thwack you in the eye brow every shot. There are some much smaller, lighter and cheaper prism scopes out there now which offer everything the ACOG does and with a more usable eye relief.
What other models would you recommend in place of the trijicon, thanks