Dillon Press Availability

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Dillon Press Availability

#1 Post by Mike357 »

Time to upgrade my Lee Press which has served me well over the last 10 years. . Dillon seems to hit the mark but does anybody have recent experience of availability? Are there supply problems? Is there stock in the Uk or Europe and does anybody have any recommendations. Haven't quite decided on the model yet but will be for pistol calibre only.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Dillon Press Availability

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

I run a Dillon 1000 so the older and arguably better made version of the 1050. It is used for .357 and .303 and works superbly. Sadly it sees very little use as I tend to shoot other cartridges these days
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Sim G
Past Supporter

#3 Post by Sim G »

The Dillon is an outstanding machine. I've had mine for almost 30 years and their lifetime guarantee is exactly that. Their customer service is also second to none. TAL used to be the U.K. importer but the handgun ban killed that. There were some other U.K."stockists" but they weren't really, would order from Europe when they had a big enough order. The European importer is located in Holland and they are shocking!

The good news is, you can buy from Dillon direct. But shipping is very expensive. Then you have duties and fees this end.

More bad news though, you can't get a Dillon for love nor money at the minute! And according to the US forums the factory has a six month backlog. They come up occasionally secondhand, but on the U.K. forums you have to be quick, as Saddler, lately of this parish snaffles them up like a pig with truffles! I think he has six now...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#4 Post by dodgyrog »

Only 6 - PAH!
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Triffid
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Wey Valley

#5 Post by Triffid »

I got my 550B from Double Alpha about 8 years ago. Very easy transaction and I'd heartily recommend them.

They are showing stock of most models.
https://www.doublealpha.biz/

Triffid
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#6 Post by Gh0st »

CDSG have always been great here in the UK for stock and warranty parts for both my Dillons.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk