Nagant PE Sniper

Pre 1945 action rifles. Muzzle loading.

Moderator: dromia

dave_303

Re: Nagant PE Sniper

#21 Post by dave_303 »

froggy wrote:http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=6351406

In Germany but in case you are still interested . M39 are such lovely rifles .
Would love an M39, shame shipping is a pain in the arse
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#22 Post by froggy »

I got mine from Germany. From memory, the German dealer managed to fit 3 rifles in the box he sent to the English FAD for a €ur 150 postage/courrier fee & charged me an extra € 30 to do the paper work. It was actually very straight forward.
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#23 Post by Alpha1 »

It says further down in the add he will only post to Germany.
The one I had my eye on over here wont post it to my Registered firearms dealer they want me to present them with my certificate so they can add the rifle onto it. They are miles and miles away from me so they can keep it.
dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#24 Post by dodgyrog »

There's a Finnish one at Scotarms auction next week! I wonder what price it might fetch?
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Alpha1

#25 Post by Alpha1 »

It will be the same chew on with the certificate.
Blighty

#26 Post by Blighty »

Whenever I have imported from Germany I have had to pay the fees in Germany, airline fees, secure storage at Heathrow then whatever the RFD charges to collect and process at his end. Not cheap.

The M39 at Scotarms, from the description, is not a real sniper.
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#27 Post by froggy »

Of course private sellers do not ship/sell to non-German buyers due to legislation . So I had to get them to send the rifle, first to the German FAD that, then, "grouped" them, before shipping them onto my UK FAD. One of them was my KM K98. Beside the price, I have never ever seen a legit one for sale here in the UK. After searching for years, the very few offered here by so-called "reputable dealers" proved to be dodgy. So, in my experience, the entire process of getting my "Holly Grail", was surprisingly easy & worked hardly more expensive than a UK purchase , so well worth ;)
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Alpha1

#28 Post by Alpha1 »

I have had a rethink. Nagant rifles are available but not locally so the chew on with the face to face certificate thing is just not worth the hassle.
Sniper versions are now silly prices and may be not even be genuine. £800 was being asked for a example on one of the sites.

I am at the end of my shooting career not at the beginning. I have been through all the cheap as chips stuff. The second hand gear route.
I'm not about to fork out £700/£800 for a Nagant sniper so I have had a rethink. I have looked in my cabinets and the old girls in there are quivering in there boots and rightly so.
I have made a list very soon I will be retired and not in a position to make expensive purchases any more and do I really need the amount of fire arms I currently own I have no access to a indoor range so the .22 rimfires etc are wasting away in the cabinets.
So I am going to have a sort out spend some money on new kit.
I'm thinking first off the new Ruger precision rifle I can get my local dealer to order one in so no chew on with the certificate thing.
Any one have any experience with the new Ruger in .308.
( If I go ahead I intend to run it alongside the SSG 69 P1 and if it performs as well I have a guy who is desperate to take the SSG of my hands so it will off set the cost.)
I would really like some thing in 6.5 as well. I really want to bin my current 6.5 jobby. I really do. I had another horrendous day with it last week. Another ruined range day. But any way the intention is to get rid of it.(Probably scrap it or sell the action) but not till I get a replacement I would like it to be under a £1000. Any thoughts.
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#29 Post by Dellboy »

Alpha1 wrote:I have had a rethink. Nagant rifles are available but not locally so the chew on with the face to face certificate thing is just not worth the hassle.
Sniper versions are now silly prices and may be not even be genuine. £800 was being asked for a example on one of the sites.

I am at the end of my shooting career not at the beginning. I have been through all the cheap as chips stuff. The second hand gear route.
I'm not about to fork out £700/£800 for a Nagant sniper so I have had a rethink. I have looked in my cabinets and the old girls in there are quivering in there boots and rightly so.
I have made a list very soon I will be retired and not in a position to make expensive purchases any more and do I really need the amount of fire arms I currently own I have no access to a indoor range so the .22 rimfires etc are wasting away in the cabinets.
So I am going to have a sort out spend some money on new kit.
I'm thinking first off the new Ruger precision rifle I can get my local dealer to order one in so no chew on with the certificate thing.
Any one have any experience with the new Ruger in .308.
( If I go ahead I intend to run it alongside the SSG 69 P1 and if it performs as well I have a guy who is desperate to take the SSG of my hands so it will off set the cost.)
I would really like some thing in 6.5 as well. I really want to bin my current 6.5 jobby. I really do. I had another horrendous day with it last week. Another ruined range day. But any way the intention is to get rid of it.(Probably scrap it or sell the action) but not till I get a replacement I would like it to be under a £1000. Any thoughts.

buy the ruger in 6.5 creedmore it seems to do the job ,my mates just bought one fine at 100 yards out of the box 300 yards same afternoon ,this sunday is 300 and 600 if memory serves me right .Everyone who tried it liked it and it found the vbulls with ease .
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.