Pattern 14 rifle

Pre 1945 action rifles. Muzzle loading.

Moderator: dromia

pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

Pattern 14 rifle

#1 Post by pe4king »

I collected this little gem today, bought it cheap on line without as much a photo, but thought it would be worth a punt, to be honest I expected a right dog anyway it's a very early one ser ERA 11xxx all original as I far as I can tell, with the fat stock and volley sights so not been near Weedon, bore is good as well I have been after a nice one of these for years and too be honest this is the best one I have ever seen.
[imgImage][/img]
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
TomH
Site Supporter Since 2017
Home club or Range: ORPC

Re: Pattern 14 rifle

#2 Post by TomH »

That is indeed a beauty. There seem to be few in that condition around. I could definitely be tempted by one.
legs748
Home club or Range: Mattersey R&PC

#3 Post by legs748 »

Scotarms auctions had a couple of these in the last sale, I was working so couldn't go. I have a slot waiting for a nice one.
It was working when i left it...........
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

#4 Post by pe4king »

Tried the rifle today at 1-300 ETR, very happy with it, it won't be going anywhere soon.
Next !!!?, FR7 or 8 anyone ???.
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.