Local Gun-Shop

Pre 1945 action rifles. Muzzle loading.

Moderator: dromia

froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

Local Gun-Shop

#1 Post by froggy »

In need of some Bank-Hols quality trigger time I hopped over to the "Promised Land". Expectingly, the Cz P01 was an ubber joy to shoot with the trigger getting smoother and smoother.
I now thinking to add a new more "classic Cold War" pistol & also fancy a different caliber. I am quite curious about the 7,62x25, so my choice really is between the Vz52 & the TT33. So I went to see them at the local gun-shop ... Incidently they had a lovely 75 pre B for about 350.

Dont even think of working out the Fx, you gonna be sick :cry:
If only in the UK ... Enjoy ... O:-)
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: Local Gun-Shop

#2 Post by Sim G »

The CZ52 everytime! The TT33 is garbage, when compared. It's a fiery old cartridge as well! If on an indoor range, double ear protection, plugs and muffs!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sim G
Past Supporter

#3 Post by Sim G »

Yep, and I just did the currency conversion.....

4000 Czech, just over 130 quid!!!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
froggy
Past Supporter

#4 Post by froggy »

Agree, the TT33 is good but side-by-side, it was not a real contender & a Vz 52 it is. 3 weeks turn around for the licence to come back before we can pick it up . Funnily enough when I saw that Pre B, I did actually immediatly thought of you Sim ! ;)

It's a fiery old cartridge as well! If on an indoor range, double ear protection, plugs and muffs!
So much that our usual indoor range would not let us shoot 7,62x25 . When he let me try it outdoors, we were under very strict instruction to stay well clear of all gongs & other plates...
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#5 Post by snayperskaya »

Pics of Glorious TT-33 of The Motherland Tovarisch??? ussrflag

Very tough, found in just about every conflict from the Spanish Civil War to Syria and will double as a hammer for fixing your Kalash!.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
froggy
Past Supporter

#6 Post by froggy »

I did not, sorry Tovarich, but if you look carrefully you can clock the grips of one ;)
Surprisingly, they are priced about the same as the Vz52 which is far less common, used ones going for £ 130, usually WWII dated.
Next time I drop in our ammo supplier I'll try to remember to take pics. He had crates of them, un-issued, post war made in the workers' paradise, Mother Russia ;)
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#7 Post by dromia »

I used to love my Tokarev.

It was "THE" gun for the advancing man competitions, despite the ball of fire, loud report, and impressive recoil for so small a bullet with the surplus Ruskie ammunition. It just came back to point of aim every time if you kept your arm straight.

Every case was "unseamed from knave to chaps" and it left an impressive crater in steel back stops, I suspect that the bullets might have been steel cored, zero expansion on soft targets but excellent penetration, one of the many classic firearms that I miss owning.

Story was that it was for penetration through thick winter clothing, apocryphal maybe but still a good tale.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
froggy
Past Supporter

#8 Post by froggy »

Dromia... wahooooo ...
somehow I would I sold you more as more "sophisticated guns" aficionado , so , thanks for sharing your positive feed back on the TT33 ;)
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#9 Post by snayperskaya »

dromia wrote:
Story was that it was for penetration through thick winter clothing, apocryphal maybe but still a good tale.
That is indeed correct.It was designed to better penetrate heavy winter clothing after it was found that the 7.62x38r Nagant revolver round could lack sufficient penetration against heavy quilted winter jackets.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

#10 Post by WelshShooter »

snayperskaya wrote: That is indeed correct.It was designed to better penetrate heavy winter clothing after it was found that the 7.62x38r Nagant revolver round could lack sufficient penetration against heavy quilted winter jackets.
Ah, so the 7,62x25 was designed to remove the Finn?

Who would have thought that thick winter clothing would stop a bullet completely, I wonder what denim would do... :squirrel: