British military Winchester lever actions

Pre 1945 action rifles. Muzzle loading.

Moderator: dromia

DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

Re: British military Winchester lever actions

#11 Post by DaveB »

Great story. I have a 1913 vintage Winchester Model 94 carbine and the lightweight gum-wood stock is stamped "City of Toronto" . Sadly mine is not a shooter. The bore is in below average condition and when I tried firing it the primers backed out, so unless I re-barrel it, it's a curio only. Interestingly mine has the saddle-ring which is somewhat unusual for a gun delivered to an Eastern address at that time. What's unusual is not only that it was fitted, but that some gormless idiot hasn't cut it off, which so often happened to them.
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: British military Winchester lever actions

#12 Post by Sim G »

Thanks chaps! What’s nice for me is that I’ve had it in my cabinet for a few years now and appreciated it for what it did, which is a really good shooter, as opposed for what it is, a rare piece of military history...

Oh my mate still wants it. More so now!! But he knows he’s going to have to dig a lot deeper... but as he rightly said, something will come along that I want and we’ll deal! He has a point.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!