Lee Enfield No4 Mk1 C Pattern

Pre 1945 action rifles. Muzzle loading.

Moderator: dromia

Grumpy

Lee Enfield No4 Mk1 C Pattern

#1 Post by Grumpy »

I am currently researching the above.

Does anyone have any information, details, photographs or know of the location of any of the above weapons outside of those that can be found in Skennerton?

Many thanks
450 Martini
Home club or Range: Swadlincote RPC

Re: Lee Enfield No4 Mk1 C Pattern

#2 Post by 450 Martini »

For the research of historic British service rifles you could contact the National Firearms centre at the Royal Armouries at Leeds as they hold the pattern room collection. If it is not there it does not exist.
https://royalarmouries.org/research/nat ... ms-centre/
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#3 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
There is one of these rifles advertised on Guntrader, asking price is £5000.00
I won`t be bothering !!
Grumpy

#4 Post by Grumpy »

450 Martini wrote:For the research of historic British service rifles you could contact the National Firearms centre at the Royal Armouries at Leeds as they hold the pattern room collection. If it is not there it does not exist.
https://royalarmouries.org/research/nat ... ms-centre/
Thank you, currently being investigated. Have also requested a visit as not open to the general public, but have not yet had any response. I would be like a kiddie in a sweetie shop but better.
Grumpy

#5 Post by Grumpy »

Mauserbill wrote:Hello
There is one of these rifles advertised on Guntrader, asking price is £5000.00
I won`t be bothering !!

Hence the original question. Investigating this as a potential investment purchase for a client so trying to ascertain as much information as possible. Identification issues outstanding. Caveat Emptor.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#6 Post by Sim G »

Grumpy wrote: Hence the original question. Investigating this as a potential investment purchase for a client so trying to ascertain as much information as possible. Identification issues outstanding. Caveat Emptor.

A friend of a friend, who was an RFD, spent a considerable amount of time and money investing in firearms, namely early semi automatic pistols. Some of his examples of commercially produced, pre WW1 handguns were exquisite.

The stroke of a legislators pen wiped that out. I couldn't think of anything more risky in the UK to put your money into!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#7 Post by GeeRam »

Sim G wrote:
Grumpy wrote: Hence the original question. Investigating this as a potential investment purchase for a client so trying to ascertain as much information as possible. Identification issues outstanding. Caveat Emptor.

A friend of a friend, who was an RFD, spent a considerable amount of time and money investing in firearms, namely early semi automatic pistols. Some of his examples of commercially produced, pre WW1 handguns were exquisite.

The stroke of a legislators pen wiped that out. I couldn't think of anything more risky in the UK to put your money into!
I agree, bonkers idea.....in terms of the UK at any rate...especially in current climate.

Buy, shoot and enjoy (while you still can)