Another Whitaker Special

Pre 1945 action rifles. Muzzle loading.

Moderator: dromia

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Another Whitaker Special

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

This was walked in earlier today, a Whitaker Special chambered in 7,62mm with the sights removed, a good paint job, the most bizarre stock I have ever seen.

..and oh dear me it is ugly.

BTW, that stock has been superbly made and I will take some pictures in daylight.

So ugly in fact that I refused to let it leave and it is now safely locked away in the armoury. This is a low serial Whitaker Special so in the first 20% of the rifles Bert built so I am guessing at 1973 or maybe early 1974. I am assured it has a Brindles trigger and I will check in the morning. The trigger is certainly not correctly set-up right now so it needs looking at anyway. I do wish it had come with an original stock as I doubt I will ever find one however I will ask around, same goes for some Brindles sights.

So, the burning question, does anyone recognise this rifle?
023.jpeg
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Strangely Brown
Home club or Range: NRA

Re: Another Whitaker Special

#2 Post by Strangely Brown »

David An original stock was sold on Ebay about 3 years ago, they are out there especially when the rifle was a No.4T and it's being converted back to original 4T spec.

Edited to add: Good call on the age! :good:
Mick