Re: Lee Enfield No4T Mk1 (T)

#11 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
O`h for a time machine and a container, show me where to sign for the No4Ts
TRG-22
Home club or Range: Make me an offer.

#12 Post by TRG-22 »

Time machine and a Euromillions purchase - a lot less faff than a container full of guns, and you'd be able to buy what you want, including a big empty chunk of somewhere where you could also shoot what you want.
Tory voters. Next election. Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.
TRG-22
Home club or Range: Make me an offer.

#13 Post by TRG-22 »

FredB wrote:Back in the late 1970s, I lived in Lancashire and we used to cross the Pennines two or three times a year to visit Joihn Longstaff's shop for reloading consummables and ex-military .22 ammo. One day when we arrived we had to climb into the shop over a large pile of transit cases containing no4Ts. John was selling the complete kit for £120 and was having trouble shifting them. At that time, there was little interest in shooting 303 calibre. I did have a no1 Mk3* which I shot occasionally but this was free--- somebody walked into my office one day and just gave it to me.
Fred
When I think of the collection of Mk4s at my school 10 years prior to that (OK - not 4Ts, but unmodified originals), if I'd told my mates that within their lifetime the contents of that room would be worth getting on for half a million pounds they would have thought me utterly barmy.
Tory voters. Next election. Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#14 Post by Ovenpaa »

It is not just the 4(T) I remember talking to a fellow shooter at Barton Road who had a lovely Norman Clark laminate stock .223. Apparently he had just sold an L42A1 and was embarrassed to admit he had paid £400 for it and sold it a couple of months later for £600, that was probably 2006ish.

Oh how things change...
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal