Indian Lee Enfield

Pre 1945 action rifles. Muzzle loading.

Moderator: dromia

PeterN

Indian Lee Enfield

#1 Post by PeterN »

It seems a bit slow on here so I thought I would show a few pics of my 1966 vintage Indian 2A1 7.62mm rifle. It is in good condition with a nice shiny bore and shoots very well. It has a black paint finish that is worn in places. It is my youngest military surplus rifle, being only 54 years old.
Full right.JPG
Action right.JPG
Action marks.JPG
Regards
Peter
PeterN

Re: Indian Lee Enfield

#2 Post by PeterN »

A few more pics.
Action left.JPG
Action top.JPG
Backsight.JPG
Regards
Peter
450 Martini
Home club or Range: Swadlincote RPC

#3 Post by 450 Martini »

Ishapore 2A & 2A1 rifles are great shooters. I own two myself and they are some of my most accurate Enfield type rifles. They are the subject of many myths and the mistaken belief they are second rate due to their Indian manufacture. I picked up my two for £300 for the pair. They were from retired reenactors and previously had been used for film hire work (They were used in the Doctor Who episode Family of Blood) and had virtually unused bores. Both had had the squared off ears nosecaps replaced with old style nosecaps to appear as Mark III* SMLEs on screen.
Attachments
2A1.png
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#4 Post by snayperskaya »

450 Martini wrote:Ishapore 2A & 2A1 rifles are great shooters. I own two myself and they are some of my most accurate Enfield type rifles. They are the subject of many myths and the mistaken belief they are second rate due to their Indian manufacture. I picked up my two for £300 for the pair. They were from retired reenactors and previously had been used for film hire work (They were used in the Doctor Who episode Family of Blood) and had virtually unused bores. Both had had the squared off ears nosecaps replaced with old style nosecaps to appear as Mark III* SMLEs on screen.
That ranges looks familiar ;)
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!