Calling all P14 owners

Pre 1945 action rifles. Muzzle loading.

Moderator: dromia

Jamesthut
Home club or Range: London Historic Shooting Club

Re: Calling all P14 owners

#21 Post by Jamesthut »

I purchased my P14 last year and subsequently shot it in the Falling Plates match. It's lovely to shoot and seems very precise.

The front sight zero is weird though, as it's shooting straight with the front sight very far over to the right. Wondering why this could be.

Also I was practising loading it recently and the ejector spring failed on me. I chopped down a pen spring and slapped that in, and it seems to work rather well. Would be nice to have a legitimate replacement ejector spring, however.
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#22 Post by hitchphil »

Club bought an old P14 7.62 in a deep wooden TR stock for £35, its got us going, somebody offered us another £70 with a new barrel & some old P14 mil wood, so we swapped the new barrelled action into the TR stock & had the old one rebuilt in 303 as a service rifle at Fultons & its shoots rather darned well.

We have a 3rd P14 with a stainless Swing Mk1 30inch barrel on it that drills the V at 1000yds!
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#23 Post by Ovenpaa »

I have a customers P14 Winchester in a target stock and .308 PH barrel and it is superbly accurate, certainly MOA or better at 600 yards.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal