Butchered Polish M44

Pre 1945 action rifles. Muzzle loading.

Moderator: dromia

snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: Butchered Polish M44

#21 Post by snayperskaya »

I must admit that the first Mosin carbine I bought, a 1953-dated Romanian M44, had one of those mounts and a NCstar long eye relief scope fitted when I bought it.......first time at the range with it the scope fell to bits after 10 rounds and off it came!.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
RDC

#22 Post by RDC »

snayperskaya wrote:I must admit that the first Mosin carbine I bought, a 1953-dated Romanian M44, had one of those mounts and a NCstar long eye relief scope fitted when I bought it.......first time at the range with it the scope fell to bits after 10 rounds and off it came!.
The only solid scout scope mount I have found for the carbine is the S&K mount.
leeroy7031
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Uttoxteter Rifle Club, FCSA, Stafford Post Office Rifle & Pistol Club

#23 Post by leeroy7031 »

snayperskaya wrote:I must admit that the first Mosin carbine I bought, a 1953-dated Romanian M44, had one of those mounts and a NCstar long eye relief scope fitted when I bought it.......first time at the range with it the scope fell to bits after 10 rounds and off it came!.
These are fire breathing dragons ... lol that need taming correctly ;)
Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician ............ "Lieutenant Colonel Jeff Cooper"
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#24 Post by Alpha1 »

The best long eye relief mount ever made for the Mosin was the Darrel mount I had one fitted to a 91/30 for years with a long eye relief pistolscope. I still have the scope I sold the mount to Adam (Dromia) when I Iet the rifle go. Another rifle I should of kept.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#25 Post by snayperskaya »

leeroy7031 wrote:
These are fire breathing dragons ... lol that need taming correctly ;)
Give me a full length sniper any day! ;)
52D66029-2113-49AF-92AA-C655440D79A1.jpeg
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
leeroy7031
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Uttoxteter Rifle Club, FCSA, Stafford Post Office Rifle & Pistol Club

#26 Post by leeroy7031 »

snayperskaya wrote: Give me a full length sniper any day! ;)
Nice rifle ... but diversity for me ... I'll take the carbine any day ;)
Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician ............ "Lieutenant Colonel Jeff Cooper"