Butchered Polish M44

Pre 1945 action rifles. Muzzle loading.

Moderator: dromia

Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

Butchered Polish M44

#1 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
Why on earth would somebody take a pristine 1955 Polish M44 and butcher it into this monstrosity and then ask £1295 for it in sale.
Please stop this carnage in the heritage of military rifles, if you don`t like them for what they are leave them alone.
Attachments
Polish M44.jpg
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Butchered Polish M44

#2 Post by dromia »

We are all ignorant, only about different things.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
RDC

#3 Post by RDC »

I might ask them how they came to that price when I am next there... They didn't even know what the calibre was last month!
Blighty

#4 Post by Blighty »

That rifle has been for sale for at least a year now. Perhaps if it was advertised as a rare ‘tower sniper rifle’ they’d get more interest :run:
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#5 Post by snayperskaya »

Blighty wrote:That rifle has been for sale for at least a year now. Perhaps if it was advertised as a rare ‘tower sniper rifle’ they’d get more interest :run:
lol
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
RDC

#6 Post by RDC »

It's predominantly a shop aimed at hunters and the over/under types in their various guises. I really wouldn't be surprised if they took it in as a trade in with that very yarn told to them, Blighty. Maybe they did a quick Google search that says bent bolt = sniper, and we all know that means: dolla dolla bills, y'all.

I do like the shop and have had some great deals from them. They'd would be my first port of call if I wanted a new firearm ordering in, or even for components and rimfire ammo. But anything outside of their targeted audience and there is a massive knowledge gap unfortunately. That isn't unique to them though, far from it!
snayperskaya
Past Supporter

#7 Post by snayperskaya »

Looking at the prices on Guntrader/Gunstar that people are asking for fake/reproduction snipers and Soviet refurbed carbines etc I should chance my luck and put my genuine 1944-dated Arsenal matching PU sniper up for 3k and see what happens! lol

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#8 Post by meles meles »

bourgeois capitalist ! Off to the Gulag with you...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
snayperskaya
Past Supporter

#9 Post by snayperskaya »

meles meles wrote:bourgeois capitalist ! Off to the Gulag with you...
Nyet Tovarisch, it would be a State Approved arms sale ussrflag

Seriously though, I’ve lost count of the number of 1930’s dated Izhevsk “sniper” and “ex-sniper” rifles I’ve seen for sale.....Izhevsk produced no sniper rifles at all, with any type of scope, prior to 1942!.

leeroy7031
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Uttoxteter Rifle Club, FCSA, Stafford Post Office Rifle & Pistol Club

#10 Post by leeroy7031 »

Blighty wrote:That rifle has been for sale for at least a year now. Perhaps if it was advertised as a rare ‘tower sniper rifle’ they’d get more interest :run:
Looking to put one of those together myself ... when I can find a decent period scope.

I'm putting this together more for sh1ts and giggles than anything else, I had a proper 1939 Tula sniper with PEM scope, loved the rifle but just didn't like the length, I found it too long, I much prefer the carbine length WW2 rifles.

Who in their right mind would pay that much for a M44 and one that's been so butchered wtf
Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician ............ "Lieutenant Colonel Jeff Cooper"