Sten Mk2

Pre 1945 action rifles. Muzzle loading.

Moderator: dromia

Steve12345

Sten Mk2

#1 Post by Steve12345 »

Hi,

Just thought I might share some pics of a Sten that I recently found if anyone is interested.
Some of you may have seen the post regarding the Colt I found before Christmas, well a few weeks later we found this. My grandad brought it back from WW2 and had kept it ever since, he also had the ammo pouches to go with it on his issued webbing.

Just to be clear it has been collected by the police, I agreed not to post any pics until it had been examined which it now has, they had to give it a bit of a clean and unjam the action but it has been test fired and works fine. It is going to be delivered back to my local force then transported to an RFD for deactivation. Its actually not in a bad condition, some of the marks you can see on it are not rust, but part of an orange towel it had been wrapped in for some years which had stuck to it in places. These picture were taken on the day it was taken away, it had been stripped down when we found it, if you look closely the barrel isn't fully screwed in, I just placed all the parts together for a picture.
Attachments
Pic2.jpeg
Image3.jpeg
Pic3.jpeg
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

Re: Sten Mk2

#2 Post by mag41uk »

Very pleasant to fire. Pity its being deact. But I guess that or Holts auction!
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

Lovely and nice to keep albeit in a deactivated form. 'Things' still turn up from time to time even after 75 years.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#4 Post by GeeRam »

The HG operation card to me is indicative of this being a HG issued STEN, that was "somehow appropriated" sometime after Dec 1944 when the HG was disbanded.
RDC

#5 Post by RDC »

Bloody hell! Does he have a PIAT up there too?
strangesam
Home club or Range: Invicta Bristol, Frome and District PC

#6 Post by strangesam »

GeeRam wrote:The HG operation card to me is indicative of this being a HG issued STEN, that was "somehow appropriated" sometime after Dec 1944 when the HG was disbanded.
My grandfather still had a stash of weapons and explosives buried in his back garden in 1947 from his time in the home guard as one of the 'stay behind and attack the rear' people.. He wrote regularly to the government asking them to take it away, but it wasn't until he wrote saying 'I'm moving at the end of the week, I shall leave it all on the kerb' that someone turned up to collect it.
Steve12345

#7 Post by Steve12345 »

RDC wrote:Bloody hell! Does he have a PIAT up there too?
Haha sadly not, there were a couple of old shotguns but they got destroyed. I did find these two airguns though which I have brought home. I guess these will be the only ones I ever get to use!
Attachments
Airgun2.rtfd.zip
(280.33 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Airgun.jpeg
Steve12345

#8 Post by Steve12345 »

GeeRam wrote:The HG operation card to me is indicative of this being a HG issued STEN, that was "somehow appropriated" sometime after Dec 1944 when the HG was disbanded.
Not sure to be honest, he also had the same card for the Colt so might have got it afterwards.

On the magazine housing it has the E&Co markings and the British arrow, it also has a B then the serial number 120XXX
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#9 Post by Dark Skies »

Shock horror! Citizen has hidden cache of lethal firearms and doesn't go on rampage.
It rather goes against the narrative, somewhat.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
BamBam

#10 Post by BamBam »

I put 125 rounds through a MkII last January, nice slow rate of fire.