BSA Long Lee Metford

Pre 1945 action rifles. Muzzle loading.

Moderator: dromia

PeterN

BSA Long Lee Metford

#1 Post by PeterN »

Another one from the collection. This is a Long Lee Metford commercial rifle, not a military issue one. The butt socket is just stamped 'BSA Co'. I bought this from a friend about 17 years ago now. He put the Peddie sight on it. He bought the sight at one of the pistol AD meetings many years ago still in the original box but I think he has lost the box now. I still have the original back sight. This has been regulated by Fultons at some time and engraved with their name. I have only shot this a couple of times with cast bullets at 100 yards. The bore is not the best but still has twisty bits. I have some more rounds loaded for this rifle so I will get it out again this year sometime.
Long Lee right side.JPG
Long Lee action.JPG
Long Lee left action.JPG
Regards
Peter.
PeterN

Re: BSA Long Lee Metford

#2 Post by PeterN »

More pics.
Long Lee left marks.JPG
Long Lee right marks.JPG
Long Lee sight.JPG
A nice rifle I am glad to have.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: BSA Long Lee Metford

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

Cracking looking rifle and good to see the Peddie as they are quite unusual.

I do wonder at what point a sight becomes more valuable than the rifle. I am already seeing Singers and even Central sights commanding ridiculous prices and I have seen PH /Vickers sight combinations valued at twice that of the rifle :(
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal