Mauser K98 1940 former WaffenSS sniper

Pre 1945 action rifles. Muzzle loading.

Moderator: dromia

GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

Re: Mauser K98 1940 former WaffenSS sniper

#31 Post by GeeRam »

Ovenpaa wrote:If this is a Soviet capture I would have expected the waffenamt to have been scrubbed or defaced.

Therefore..... :)
There are many examples of Soviet capture K98k's where the swastika's in the Waffenamt's have not been peened. In fact most are still intact on every Soviet Capture I've seen.
mikygpu
Home club or Range: W&DRC, LCRPC, NRA, NSRA, FCSA, Bisley range, Lydd45 and other where I am permitted to shoot

#32 Post by mikygpu »

I have tried loading more than one picture, the loading window stays on forever. I have tried loading one per post.
After one picture loaded fine, all uploads stay on forever. The windows machine is still loading now.
I have changed the pictures from 1.9MB to 1.1MB, to 750KB and even 500KB. No joy.
I'll try load them all up on dropbox and post the link here.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing"
Socrates

I am here to learn!
Nobody was born knowledgeable...Except Jesus!
And maybe...just maybe...I might know something that some don't...like Romanian and Portuguese languages O:-)
mikygpu
Home club or Range: W&DRC, LCRPC, NRA, NSRA, FCSA, Bisley range, Lydd45 and other where I am permitted to shoot

#33 Post by mikygpu »

I have made a dropbox teams and loaded all pictures there.
If you will be so kind to PM me your email address, I'll add you to that dropbox and then you can see the pictures in full sizes and quality.
Sorry I can't seem to work out why this website won't load them, even after I resized them.
Socrates

I am here to learn!
And maybe...just maybe...I might know something that some don't...like Romanian and Portuguese languages O:-)
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#34 Post by dromia »

mikygpu wrote:I have tried loading more than one picture, the loading window stays on forever. I have tried loading one per post.
After one picture loaded fine, all uploads stay on forever. The windows machine is still loading now.
I have changed the pictures from 1.9MB to 1.1MB, to 750KB and even 500KB. No joy.
Looks like the forum doesn`t like you.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Christel
Site Admin

#35 Post by Christel »

mikygpu,

I did ask which extension you are using when you emailed me, we have 10mb so making the files smaller is not going to help.

When the window just sits there, that means either size, type or resolution.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#36 Post by Ovenpaa »

GeeRam wrote:
Ovenpaa wrote:If this is a Soviet capture I would have expected the waffenamt to have been scrubbed or defaced.

There are many examples of Soviet capture K98k's where the swastika's in the Waffenamt's have not been peened. In fact most are still intact on every Soviet Capture I've seen.
The majority of capture riles I have experience of have had the majority of Nazi marking defaced and quite efficiently as well, we have one here with the only 'visible' stamp being on the striker and that may have been a replacement.

Of course it is very easy to throw a large handful of stamps at the rifle. The last time this was discussed Christel had a cease and desist notice from a legal chappie :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
mikygpu

#37 Post by mikygpu »

dromia wrote:
mikygpu wrote:I have tried loading more than one picture, the loading window stays on forever. I have tried loading one per post.
Looks like the forum doesn`t like you.
Yeah, so it would seem....

I'll email some pics to Christel to see if she has better luck loading it up.
Socrates

I am here to learn!
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#38 Post by GeeRam »

Ovenpaa wrote:
GeeRam wrote:

The majority of capture riles I have experience of have had the majority of Nazi marking defaced and quite efficiently as well, we have one here with the only 'visible' stamp being on the striker and that may have been a replacement.

Of course it is very easy to throw a large handful of stamps at the rifle. The last time this was discussed Christel had a cease and desist notice from a legal chappie :)
With almost every stamp the German's used pretty now available on the open market, faked restamps are the plague of K98k buying and are all over the place.
Why some Soviet captures have been very well scrubbed of markings and other left totally intact is still a mystery. Could be down to different factories that did the work, or any reason lost in the mysteries of the Soviet Bloc.
IDF used K98k's on the other hand, for obvious reasons, were all very well scrubbed and peened of any Waff's.
mikygpu

#39 Post by mikygpu »

Ovenpaa wrote:
GeeRam wrote:

So we need to stop talking about it?
Why would someone send a cease and desist notice to a forum in a country where freedom of speech is guaranteed?
Socrates

I am here to learn!
mikygpu

#40 Post by mikygpu »

Christel wrote:mikygpu,

I did ask which extension you are using when you emailed me, we have 10mb so making the files smaller is not going to help.

When the window just sits there, that means either size, type or resolution.
Emailed you back but it didn't go.
Resend it now and I have added 2 pictures to see if you can load them up.

They are plain jpeg, as plain jpeg they can be after they were created by Nikon camera, or modified by Corel Photo Paint or Image viewer on Mac.
I'll try some pictures from my iPad, maybe it is something to do with Nikon jpeg formatting that can't be changed.
Socrates

I am here to learn!