Local Clubs and Their Websites

Noteworthy forum events and somewhere to post details of shoots and events for your local and national clubs. PLEASE SEE POST ABOUT GDPR.

Moderator: dromia

Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Re: Local Clubs and Their Websites

#41 Post by Mike357 »

Rob, why can't use the Army range? Is access to MOD ranges not all the same?
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Robin128

#42 Post by Robin128 »

Hi Mike,

We lost the use of Penally and Severn Tunnel (MOD) around about the time of the first Gulf war...due to increased demand. We often hear automatic fire on the Army Severn tunnel range when we are on ours nearby. We only get the use of Sennibridge MOD range which is a good run from Cardiff but well worth it if the weather is good. Penally not available anymore to civvies. Pity really. Only other full bore range is the 100 yd one in a quarry near Ammanford...another good run from Cardiff.

:(
rox

#43 Post by rox »

Robin128 wrote:Up the bans we shot handguns
It was definately pre-ban, hence the pistol duelling match.
Robin128 wrote:pity the Army don't let anyone use their range...apart from one or two serious matches.
I didn't realise there was so little civilian access - we have a match vs Canada there as an Imperial warm-up, which I guess is one of the few exceptions.

Also used to shoot on an MOD range on Anglesey (Ty Croes, perhaps), which looks like it is still there, at least.

targetman

#44 Post by targetman »

www.artistsrifleclub.com

Virtually every Wednesday at Bisley 200 yards to 1,000
Sandgroper
Site Supporter Since 2015

#45 Post by Sandgroper »

“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#46 Post by Mike357 »

Nice site Sandgroper, pity our lot weren't so photogenic!

I have been invited up to the Service Rifle comp at Cawdor on 10th April, are you going to be shooting then?
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Blackisler

#47 Post by Blackisler »

Mike357 wrote:
Nice site Sandgroper, pity our lot weren't so photogenic!

I have been invited up to the Service Rifle comp at Cawdor on 10th April, are you going to be shooting then?
We have only just got the site up and running this week . I hope you will enjoy your trip to Cawdor and the service rifle shoot ,We are a friendly lot and will make you very welcome
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#48 Post by Ovenpaa »

Great club website, was it built within the club or externally?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Blackisler

#49 Post by Blackisler »

ovenpaa wrote:
Great club website, was it built within the club or externally?
The website was created by one of our club members ,He has done a great job in such a short time, I think a couple weeks from start to finish
Chapuis

#50 Post by Chapuis »

Robin128 wrote:Hi Rox...At Tondu you would have only shot small bore and air. Up the bans we shot handguns, but only Black Powder and underlevers are allowed and LBRs. There has been a range there for over 100 years, has no danger area and is located close to M4, near Bridgend. I help the Secretary who is ill...been hands on with the installation of armoury safes, range maintenance and Police liason.

Full Bore at Severn Tunnel...years ago the Army range was available (600 yds from memory) but now we use a private range a few hundred yards further...only 100 and 200. You would have shot clays there also. pity the Army don't let anyone use their range...apart from one or two serious matches.
The old Severn Tunnel (600 Metre MOD range) is now the privately run and much reduced in length Severn Tunnel range, and the replacement MOD range is called Rogiet Moor and is situated about 500 yards west of the old range.