The UK's Finest Independent Forum for Shooters and Gun Owners. Est 2010.

Supporting all legal firearm owners, collectors, enthusiasts, shooters and competitors by promoting and encouraging legitimate gun ownership and use in the UK through unity, advocacy and discussion. To REGISTER contact admin(at)full-bore.co.uk
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:31 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:34 pm
Posts: 12
Location: Surrey
Home club or Range: Bisley NRA
Ah got you. To be fair, stix are OK but century can be a bit high sometimes. And I'm 6'2"! There s a little step stool in the butts at century. The first thing one kid does is find it and take it to his target!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:55 am 
Offline
Site Supporter Since 2018
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:48 am
Posts: 1470
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley
We had a cracking marker a few years ago, Charlotte, I think her name was.........shortly after we started, it became apparent that she was slightly vertically challenged, so over the radio, we suggested a milk crate.......
An excellent morning's shooting followed.

Pete

_________________
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:34 pm
Posts: 12
Location: Surrey
Home club or Range: Bisley NRA
I don't think that's the Charlotte I know. No further comment..... ;)


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:21 pm
Posts: 2152
Location: Reading West Berks
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC
my 2 penneth, we have had good markers and we have had attrocious markers (you know the ones where you are calling message 4 on every other shot )
the target frames are too high for a lot of people regardless of sex and physique, on a BAR shoot during the summer I went down to the butts to see what was taking the markers so long (club members not NRA ones) and the target backing was having to be taken off the frame to mark the higher shots! as no one was tall enough to reach up and put the disc in !
so you would think that the NRA would consider the height of the target frames in relation to the amount of movement in said frames, our job would have been easier if the targets had been set lower on the backing, not a big change but would make the markers life a lot easier.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:33 pm
Posts: 1725

kennyc wrote:
and the target backing was having to be taken off the frame to mark the higher shots! as no one was tall enough to reach up and put the disc in !

What are they doing putting holes so high and so far from the centre of the target ;)

_________________
Image
Brand Ambassador.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:21 pm
Posts: 2152
Location: Reading West Berks
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC
rox wrote:
kennyc wrote:
and the target backing was having to be taken off the frame to mark the higher shots! as no one was tall enough to reach up and put the disc in !

What are they doing putting holes so high and so far from the centre of the target ;)
standing at 300 yards shooting unsupported at a Fig 11, try it some time its great fun, especially in the actual course of fire where the aim is to get the maximum number of shots (15 limit) downrange in 1 minute bangbang


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:58 pm
Posts: 663
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley
kennyc wrote:
rox wrote:
kennyc wrote:
and the target backing was having to be taken off the frame to mark the higher shots! as no one was tall enough to reach up and put the disc in !

What are they doing putting holes so high and so far from the centre of the target ;)
standing at 300 yards shooting unsupported at a Fig 11, try it some time its great fun, especially in the actual course of fire where the aim is to get the maximum number of shots (15 limit) downrange in 1 minute bangbang


Does indeed sound like fun - love to try that with my No.5 :good:


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:21 pm
Posts: 2152
Location: Reading West Berks
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC
GeeRam wrote:

Does indeed sound like fun - love to try that with my No.5 :good:
the British Alpine Rifles Agincourt match, open to all service rifles , its held during the Imperial


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:33 pm
Posts: 1725

kennyc wrote:
the British Alpine Rifles Agincourt match, open to all service rifles , its held during the Imperial

Ah yes, have often thought of offering mercenary services, but it always clashes with certain finals and team matches.

_________________
Image
Brand Ambassador.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:56 pm
Posts: 737
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly
marking on Stickledown............the butt is some 80yds behind the target & its been hammering it down with rain so the sand is compacted & wet. - markers can hardly see any sand splash.

Its difficult to differentiate a shot by sound over your target vs next door.

If shots are going random ask them to advise the shapes of the holes if square then ur ammo is running out of legs!

If you hit the frame just behind the face then the rounds can land at their feet & if they you use slow ammo then they can bounce off the road just behind the face.

Try resting the marker between shooters vs slumming another one down & having continuous shooting & no breaks, ask them their name & say Hi, & say what you are shooting (2&10 etc not the gun!) so they know what to expect & know there are little breaks.

Its not easy down

_________________
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group