Denver: Silver Bullet Shooting Range

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

Re: Denver: Silver Bullet Shooting Range

#11 Post by meles meles »

saddler wrote:Revolvers usually have a longer sight radius compared to pistols of similar barrel lengths.

I also find most revolver designs have a better grip angle compared to pistols...so are better for instinctive pointing & rapid target acquisition.
But, revolver designs cost more to make = less profit margin = marketing depts prefer pistols so "pistols" are IT

Some interesting thoughts there.

The pistol felt equally comfortable as the revolvers when we picked it up and fired it, and the sights were seemingly better: very clear, almost luminous dots that were easy to discern and align, and which were very adjustable. We expected the pistol to be more accurate. In reality, the two revolvers just seemed far more pointable. After the recoil from each shot was over, the revolvers seemed to be pointing naturally at the target again whereas the pistol never seemed quite to be on target again. It was easy enough to realign the sights, but that was time taken and effort incuded. The revolvers had nice big sticky rubber grips but the pistol was grippy too, though more slab sided.

For those that have used them, how does the angled grip of a luger compare with more conventional pistols, or revolvers?
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

Re: Denver: Silver Bullet Shooting Range

#12 Post by froggy »

how does the angled grip of a luger compare ...
P08 ? Kate Moss in her prime ?? :good:
To be fair it reminds me of the Glock's but is more comfy due the single stack.

However, what fit one shooter's hand might not a badger's paw ... Even with the same grip, I tried a S&W 29 in 4', liked it VM, bought a 629 (stainless version of the 29) in 6' and the 2's extra & the underlug completly changed the balance when shooting single handed.
I still feel the CZ75 is the best "pointer" in my hand.
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/