Today at North Cotes Butts in Lincolnshire - Corporate Event

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

Christel
Site Admin

Today at North Cotes Butts in Lincolnshire - Corporate Event

#1 Post by Christel »

A few weeks ago Ovenpaa and I were asked to act as ROs at a corporate shoot at our local club. We said yes as the competitions and various other events we have taken part in at the club have always been great fun, this one was no exception.

The day started with getting up and having to sort all sorts of things before going and it was during this time that the Lurcher stole the Lurpak from the counter and ran off with it, ever so pleased with himself when I found him on the bed licking the butter. Anyway after having thrown the Lurpak in the bin we packed the rest of the stuff we needed to bring and left for the corporate event hoping the dogs would be ok on their own without eating whatever they could find, actually it is the Lurcher eating/chewing things isn't it, not the Labrador.

We plus two more were in charge of the 50m outdoor range, guns were a Mauser in .308, an Enfield in .303 and a CZ .22.
The event was started with making sure everything worked the way it should, then over to the club house to introduce the guns to the people who were taking part in the corporate event. Then back with a third of them, each had 5 shots with each gun, it was great fun guiding them through it all. It took some 4 hours to get everybody through the shots, afterwards we went back to the club house for food and the prize giving.

There were three lots of people being shown clays, the 50m range and cowboy shooting on the under cover 25m range.

Once back home the dogs were thrilled to see us, how could we leave them that long ;)
(Nothing had been eaten/chewed)

I'd help out again if asked O:-)
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Today at North Cotes Butts in Lincolnshire - Corporate E

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

The .303 and .308 were loaded to around 1450fps with Unique and were surprisingly accurate with one complete novice shooting a 2" group at 50m with the Longbranch which impressed me considering some missed the target or shot on other targets... :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

#3 Post by Lever357 »

Ovenpaa wrote:The .303 and .308 were loaded to around 1450fps with Unique and were surprisingly accurate with one complete novice shooting a 2" group at 50m with the Longbranch which impressed me considering some missed the target or shot on other targets... :)
Ha ha that made me laugh. It's strange how some people can pick a gun up and be "a natural". Took a friend of mine clay shooting some time ago -he'd never picked a gun up in his life and was hitting 8 and 9 out of 10 on different stands!
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

My experience is ladies seem to be better at the start as they tend not to over think things whereas blokes are prone to not always listening and just getting on with, sometimes badly. We were out with a young lady a couple of weeks ago plinking steels at over half a mile, first time for her as such and maybe a dozen shots ever to her name, she listened, did as she was shown and was rewarded with a 'BONG' every time.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#5 Post by bradaz11 »

My mum surprised me when i took her to a family day at the range. Never shown an interest but was a complete natural. I also learned how stubby my dad's hands are. Hug hands but couldn't move thumb around to my lever release and pull the trigger without moving his hand each time

What did you guys think of the cowboy bits??
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns