I love my Swing (said in the voice of Father Jack)

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

I love my Swing (said in the voice of Father Jack)

#1 Post by shugie »

A lovely sunny day on Century today, started off at 300, set the target up while listening to the (presumably paid) markers a few targets further along listening to some truly grim rap music, loud enough to stop them hearing the radio it would seem. The Century target frames, despite being well greased, are still hard to get down, good exercise for the stomach muscles I suppose, but that's not really why I go shooting.

Having marked for a while, I then returned to the 300yd firing point for my detail, started off with a 5.1 for a sighter, which I converted, and proceeded to drop the next nine shots in much the same area to end up with 50.3, an all time high score for me. I was using the 1155gr GGG from the range office, and they seem to work well for me. After lunch was not so good, back to 600 and the wind had its wicked way with some of my shots, only 42.3 this time.

It might quite old now, but my Swing is way more accurate than my ability, the stock isn't a very nice shape though, seems better for standing than prone, so I'm looking forward to replacing it with a Joe West stock, which should be with me soon(ish).

The gents on the next firing point were shooting some long barrelled full bore pistols which had a fair amount of muzzle flip, but seemed pretty accurate.

Did I say it was sunny? Makes it all a lot more pleasant, and the ice cream van turned up too.

I watched the CSR contingent enjoying themselves running up and down on the other side of Century.
Careful now/that sort of thing
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: I love my Swing (said in the voice of Father Jack)

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

I do enjoy shooting on my own at a leisurely pace on a still day. To be free from distractions counts for so much. :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal