Beckingham

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

Noodly

Beckingham

#1 Post by Noodly »

Have any members had the opportunity to shoot at Beckingham MOD range?

Reviews please.... Good or bad.... Our club has the option to shoot there
Duey
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Offas Dyke, Pickering, North Cotes Butts and Grove small arms

Re: Beckingham

#2 Post by Duey »

Shot there as a guest last year
Range is fine
But for some reason the club we shot with limited everyone to 10 shots per session and I seem to remember we only shot 200 and 300, up to 600 available, think they wanted to ensure that they didn't overrun the half day they booked. Why they didn't just say you've got 30 minuets commence firing, I have no idea
Haven't been back
Noodly

#3 Post by Noodly »

Ive been given the impression that they are limiting you to 100m on most days!
Duey
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Offas Dyke, Pickering, North Cotes Butts and Grove small arms

#4 Post by Duey »

On other MOD ranges I shoot on the 100 restriction usually applies when the adjacent range is in use by the army, or army cadets, running about between 200 and 100, as they don't trust civilians not to shoot them, even if they are well outside the 200mil rule
Noodly

#5 Post by Noodly »

There was another range I was going to enquire about in the Midlands but can't remember what it's called just now.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#6 Post by Mattnall »

Shot there on many occasions and did most of my RMQs there. Nice ranges out to 600m? (I think it was metric, need to look in my old range book).

We used to shoot PR there as part of the league as well and have many fond memories of the place. I seem to remember the ETR(CGR) worked well with two targets per lane, often a Fig12 and Fig11 side by side.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
DL.

#7 Post by DL. »

I shot there with the forces about four years ago. I liked the ranges, although I recall pikeys had stolen part of the aluminium slatted bridge that lead from the camp to the range.

Bloody windy when I was there, I presume that was an exception.
Hrun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: PRPC

#8 Post by Hrun »

We shoot 4 distances at Millpool, 200, 300, 500 and 600.

With two details, one running the butts this takes a whole day so I can understand a restriction for a half day..
Duey
Site Supporter 2021

#9 Post by Duey »

I understood the reasoning behind the limiting per detail but why make it a shot count and not a time limit then it's down to the shooter to get the best bang for his buck