PRPC Annual Fun Shoot 2017

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

Hrun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: PRPC

PRPC Annual Fun Shoot 2017

#1 Post by Hrun »

So, after a frantic loading session yesterday, our club fun shoot today was a hoot.

I shot at steel knockdown targets with my GSG1911 with mixed results, but 4/10 was a good result I thought (damm small things)

Mrs Hrun shot well in the club comp and hopes to place well with results to follow.

And now for the full bore have a go (I.e. me burning a load of money (ammo) so that people can shoot something they cannot shoot at our smallbore range.

After loading an extra 50 rounds, an issue with the range owner restricting supersonic rounds to guns with mods only (he has a neighbour who moved out of the city and bought a house by a gun range, complaining about noise.. duh) we shot a total of two rounds..

.308 zeroed for 200 yards, by eye on a 25 yard range and shot at 50 yards. The first time Mrs Hrun has pulled the trigger on a .308.. happy days

So, we spent the remaining time letting members shoot a .44 flintlock and .69 carbine musket (which IMHO was just a noisy as a .308)

Everyone had a blast, and all shots left a smile on various faces. The first pic is a 50 yard shot with a musket with rudimentary sights.. happy day was had :-)
Attachments
.69 Carbine Musket @ 50 yards
.69 Carbine Musket @ 50 yards
Mrs Hrun
Mrs Hrun
Mr Hrun
Mr Hrun
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

Re: PRPC Annual Fun Shoot 2017

#2 Post by Dellboy »

goodjob lollol

Shooting and fun sometimes these dont seem to go together ...
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.