Sennybridge F Range

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

Sennybridge F Range

#1 Post by WelshShooter »

Typically, Sennybridge runs on a Saturday full day but yesterday I went along to their Sunday shoot (booked with Offa's Dyke Rifle Club) and I couldn't believe how busy it was! I thought it may have been a bit of a trek for a morning detail (09:00am to 12:30pm) but it was great to see such a good turnout. The weather was fantastic and I'm sporting half a tan down the right side of me.

I took the M1 carbine up with me and was pleasantly surprised, using ammo loaded to GI specs (110gr Round Nose, travelling approximately 2,000 fps) I was able to get hits on Fig11 targets out to 300 yards which I was really impressed with. The best part was that the rear sight for elevation was spot on for the targets, which with handloads can be a bit of a potch because you need to have the correct bullet and velocity. It was great fun alternating between the 50 yard(?), 100 yard and 300 yard target with ten round magazines. It was a ton of fun and was a nice break from shooting at 1,000 yards. Other members had a great time having a plink too, and the 100 rounds went pretty fast. Up until now I have only shot this rifle indoors or surrounded by some form of walls, but the sound the rifle made out in the open was awesome. It had a tinny metal rattling noise while shooting and cycling the bolt which is just like I imagined. I can see myself packing this rifle for every trip now!

Did anyone else here attend the shoot?
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: Sennybridge F Range

#2 Post by snayperskaya »

These morning shoots are a bit of a trek for me......that said I really need to pull my finger out as I haven't made it to Sennybridge this year yet! :cry:
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
ovy

Re: Sennybridge F Range

#3 Post by ovy »

We to had a great mornings shooting at F Range. Hitting targets out to 450-500m. The weather was lovely to.