Badger has two very different days...

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

Hrun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: PRPC

Re: Badger has two very different days...

#11 Post by Hrun »

All the more reason to have an understanding :-D
Hrun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: PRPC

#12 Post by Hrun »

WelshShooter wrote:Probably not the best idea Hrun, we all know that this badger will be responsible for starting the armageddon.
Besides, I was accepted when I lived in Wales, and married Mrs Hrun, a welsh lass, so proved I can fit in anywhere ;-)
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#13 Post by dromia »

Obviously reading the hallowed Papyri does not in itself give understanding.

The cast bullet mantra that I often get ridiculed for on here holds true, "Bullet fit is king". That should be the starting point for any load development, once you have that what you use to kick said bullet up the arse with to get the desired velocity matters little so long as it is safe.

The bullet is the most important component in handloading be that cast or condom. Powder choice and debate is one of the most over rated activities in handloading towards developing a suitable load, so long as the powder is within the burning rate parameters for the application then any label on the powder tub will do the job.

So when it comes to a Universal load, yes Harris's load of 16 grains of 2400 is universal provided that you have a proper fitting bullet on top of it. You need to read and understand the whole story not pick bits of it that seem to suit sloppy approaches.

But then what would I know?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#14 Post by meles meles »

Hmmm, maybe we can have a trial run at a pilot scale armageddon by tellin' dodgyrog that dromia thinks 'is bullets is a sloppy fit... bangbang
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"