I have seen the light......

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

polemass
Home club or Range: NRA Shooting Club Bisley

I have seen the light......

#1 Post by polemass »

Well,maybe just few rays of hope.....and I wasn't dispatched,yet ...green55
Ok,only things dispatched yesterday was couple of S&B bullets down the Zero Range at Bisley....
And below are the results....5 shots in 2 groups wtf
20170804_192802-1024x576.jpg
So,after fully floating the barrel,recrowning and home made ammo my AK shoots beter then the operator...yes,this down shift in the pattern must be my fault.Each round was single loaded in the chamber,mag was in place,some crap bipod and x4 gsg cheap scope.
But,if I can repeat it min10 times-I will celebrate.For now it is curiosity fingerscrossed
And,even better thing happened-I had a chat with fellow shooter with target rifle.He was ex RAF servicemen,born in early 60 and was drawn to conversation because of my shabby looking AK.Well spoken and modern history enthusiasts was pleased to finaly meet someone from "the other side " in flesh.Looking like well battle weary sergeant from Zulus or Boer conflict,his eyes were the contrary-soft and "milky way wisdom " type.It was a pleasure for me for once not be classed as a dog from the stable but just a different horse from the stable not so far away.And he didn't mind my English shakeshout
Very uplifting day for me it was!!!
daman
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: HRPC, NRA, BASC, BDS, Larbert, UKPSA

Re: I have seen the light......

#2 Post by daman »

Good for you. Hope you stick around.

I know we've passed each other on Short Siberia in the past. Maybe we'll meet up yet.

Shooters should stick together, regardless of class, creed or nationality.