Birmingham Proof House

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

Gerry939
Home club or Range: WNSC

Birmingham Proof House

#1 Post by Gerry939 »

Had a really great day yesterday at the Birmingham Proof House Tour, with 9 other members of the 49th R+P, learned so much history and stories about the gun trade in and around Birmingham, fascinating tour of the factories, 3 museums full to busting with guns and ammo and other firearm related items, for £15 a head it was a great value for money.....check it out... :flag13:
:flag6: Gerry939
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

Re: Birmingham Proof House

#2 Post by shugie »

I like the idea of that, seems you need at least 4 warm bodies to go, but if it costs £150 I think ten would be the effective minimum.

How long does the tour take?
Careful now/that sort of thing
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

I had a guided tour around London a few years ago however there was not a lot to see.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Gerry939
Home club or Range: WNSC

#4 Post by Gerry939 »

The tour took just over 3 hrs and I still didn't see everything, we got to talk with the gunsmiths working there, there is every bullet made, there, very die, all most every gun, etc etc...I think the minimum number of people is 4 and the maximum is 10.....
:flag6: Gerry939