New Electronic Targets at 600 Yards at Bisley

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

Quarters

New Electronic Targets at 600 Yards at Bisley

#1 Post by Quarters »

Tried them today and they worked perfectly.

The ease and speed of use significantly increased the quality of the shooting experience.
RDC

Re: New Electronic Targets at 600 Yards at Bisley

#2 Post by RDC »

Used them mid-week on Stickledown and it actually makes a trip to Bisley more appealing.

There were about 30 of us across 5 electronic targets and one marked target, everyone seemed chuffed with the electronic targets. Makes the RCO job easier too as it means less wandering up and down calling in message 4, 7, etc. so you can focus more on shooter safety and behaviour.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#3 Post by GeeRam »

Interesting.

Our club has a 900yrd shoot booked on Stickledown in a few weeks time, and also didn't realise they were extending the leccy targets to there, or beyond the end 300yrd bays on Century that have already been previously installed.
rox

#4 Post by rox »

GeeRam wrote:didn't realise they were extending the leccy targets to there, or beyond the end 300yrd bays on Century that have already been previously installed.
Stix electronics have been running for 6 months now. They've been working pretty well for the last 3 months. The nominally 600 targets have been available for just a couple of days, I believe, as they were being commissioned on Weds/Thurs.

GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#5 Post by GeeRam »

rox wrote:
GeeRam wrote:didn't realise they were extending the leccy targets to there, or beyond the end 300yrd bays on Century that have already been previously installed.
Stix electronics have been running for 6 months now. They've been working pretty well for the last 3 months. The nominally 600 targets have been available for just a couple of days, I believe, as they were being commissioned on Weds/Thurs.

Our club only books one 900yrd shoot per year, so I've not shot on Stix since July last year.
Site Supporter Since 2015

#6 Post by 1066 »

Our club used them for the first time on the 600 yd range today too..Excellent, they never missed a shot and we all got so much more shooting without waiting for a marker.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
TJC
Home club or Range: Bisley

#7 Post by TJC »

How large in inches is the V Bull when you use the electronic targets at 1k and 600 yards ?
rox

#8 Post by rox »

TJC wrote:How large in inches is the V Bull when you use the electronic targets at 1k and 600 yards ?
It depends which target dimensions you select. You can choose from TR, F Class, ICFRA, and others I can't remember.

TJC
Home club or Range: Bisley

#9 Post by TJC »

rox wrote:
TJC wrote:How large in inches is the V Bull when you use the electronic targets at 1k and 600 yards ?
It depends which target dimensions you select. You can choose from TR, F Class, ICFRA, and others I can't remember.

Ah ok. I just used what was on it when I arrived. I found it hard to ascertain proportions / how good or bad my shots were.
Quarters

#10 Post by Quarters »

V Bull sizes in inches at Bisley:

300 yards 1.5
500 yards 2.5
600 yards 3
800 yards 5
900 yards 5
1000 yards 5