Rifleman Firearms Range Somerset

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

ArcofZen
Home club or Range: Tunnel Club Charmouth

Rifleman Firearms Range Somerset

#1 Post by ArcofZen »

Had an enjoyable afternoon at this (very) newly opened facility which is pretty much a state of the art 100m range. Each lane has its own target which can be set via a touch screen to your desired distance which is excellent for zeroing. There’s also powerful extraction so no worries about heat haze!

The website (https://www.riflemanfirearms.com) blurb says:

“The facilities look amazing and are state-of-the-art with a full 'push-&-pull' (MOD spec) ventilation system, heated firing points, ambient lighting from firing points to bullet trap, variable distance electronic targets with target illumination regardless of distance and touch control lighting in each individual firing kiosk for prone, bench and standing shooting disciplines to name a few.

Our 'Rifleman Firearms Target Shooting Club' has also been formally formed and Home Office approved, and the range has been signed off by all official parties and been given a perfect bill of health and approval.”

There’s also an air gun range and shop close by. Was very pleasant to send some .303 downrange via a #5!

Recommended goodjob

Ps I have no affiliation with this range/club, just letting others know it’s another option in Somerset now.
Wreck diving heaven... https://youtu.be/SC3QXpVy15s
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

Re: Rifleman Firearms Range Somerset

#2 Post by Gh0st »

Spensive....
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#3 Post by bradaz11 »

£20 for them to do a background check on you?? where on earth in any legislation does it say that has to happen?? and that is for ppl already holding an FAC!
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
ArcofZen
Home club or Range: Tunnel Club Charmouth

#4 Post by ArcofZen »

It’s not cheap, but it’s brand new and cost a few pounds to set up I’d have thought. Anyway, the more ranges the better imo.

As for the £20 to cover themselves (presumably) well, it’s £20... If you’re bothered about a twenty then this hobby seems the wrong one!
Wreck diving heaven... https://youtu.be/SC3QXpVy15s
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#5 Post by Gh0st »

Just saying, there are other facilities in Somerset which are just as good and cheaper.

In a time where we are encouraging more shooters to the sport cost can be a factor.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#6 Post by bradaz11 »

Also, just because it costs money to set up isn't an excuse to recoup their costs as fast as possible using as few ppl as poss. Cut membership by 100 and get twice as many members, which brings in even more cash.
I already pay 300 a year for a club but they offer things other clubs in the area can't.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using "An application"
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
the running man

#7 Post by the running man »

Ive heard it's pretty dear, one of my best mates was second or third on the list to join, he's been using the gunsmith attached,he reckons it's great....but then money has never been an issue for him....

All that said, underground is now the way to go, (Silverstone has noise restrictions)and this means construction,which in turn is costly...

I shouldn't worry too much about our future if shooters don't stuff the sport through constant bickering then labour will get in and you can kiss goodbye to all your guns..
Always judge a person by how they treat someone that is of no use to them......
nigelc
Home club or Range: Swadlincote Rifle & Pistol Club, Offas Dyke

#8 Post by nigelc »

Very expensive for a 100m range and £20 for a background check on a FAC holder is outrageous :bad: - just my humble opinion
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#9 Post by Dark Skies »

ArcofZen wrote:It’s not cheap, but it’s brand new and cost a few pounds to set up I’d have thought. Anyway, the more ranges the better imo.

As for the £20 to cover themselves (presumably) well, it’s £20... If you’re bothered about a twenty then this hobby seems the wrong one!
I found the £20 for a background check a bit of a cheek myself. I looked for the bit where it said that FAC holders would (logically) be exempt from the fee but didn't see any such thing. It rubbed my tits up the wrong way.
It's this constant theme that we're a cash cow and should just accept it because 'safety innit' that grates.

A background check when I already have a FAC and cabinets with firearms in seems a tad late, don't you think?
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Gazza

#10 Post by Gazza »

I wonder what this background check consists of? CRB check?
They would get more members by saying its included in the price.