Range time!

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

RDC

Re: Range time!

#11 Post by RDC »

Alpha1 wrote:Spent to day on the range the Weather was Chilly at first but warmed up by lunch time. I took the 6.5 Creedmoor a number 4 and the SSG. When I arrived there was a debate going on as to who was going to RCO as every one naturally wanted to shoot after being locked down for so long. So I volunteered. So I did not get to shoot at all. Oh humbug but there is all ways another day I suppose.
Why not share RCO duties?
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#12 Post by Alpha1 »

We normally share RCO duties but over the years I have had more than my fair share of slinging lead down range.
The Sun was shining so I was happy to sit in my chair with a flask of tea and butties and just relax.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#13 Post by Alpha1 »

Not what I was hoping for but I managed to get 40 shooters spread over two ranges. Hopefully I will hit my goal of 60 this month. But every one had a good day and that,s all that counts.
dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#14 Post by dodgyrog »

Out at Ponteland today. It was minus 1 degree and snow on the ground when I left home!
I took the PH Safari in 7,92mm and shot cast boolits with a load of 2400 powder (I need some more as that was the last of what I had). The NOE Silhouette boolit shot better than me as I was shooting prone and my 'bulged' disc was giving me grief!
The first day on the range for what seems to have been forever!
Met all my old (average age must be over 60) shooting buddies.
All in all a very pleasant morning.
Thanks to Phaedra for doing the RCO job and Andy down the butts
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.