Range time!

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Range time!

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

Today we are off to the range. Now that may not sound particularly interesting however we have not shot at a range this year. Yes, THIS YEAR!

The range is a .22 only venue in an old quarry, with a covered firing point and extends out to 100 yards. I will mostly be ammo testing, zeroing and practising my LSR at 50m with something old and Christel will be doing similar with something newer, probably just two rifles each. Company for the day will be just the three Labradors as the range is booked to us and us only as part of the clubs social distancing rules.

Pictures to follow.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

Re: Range time!

#2 Post by Mattnall »

Enjoy your day shooting, Dave.

I popped to Bisley with the wife yesterday to see if I remember how to shoot and to check zeros, took too many rifles and forgot about one of them in the car. Luckily the rifles remembered how to go bang and the bullets knew where to go.

Will have to make another trip to check the 6.5, shame. :good:
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
RDC

#3 Post by RDC »

I am a bit jealous!

One of my clubs has opened again for booked slots, however it will be a few months yet before I get out there again due to family commitments.
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#4 Post by channel12 »

I had a shoot on my local club's range yesterday (Thursday) and then visited Bisley to pick up stuff off my RFD. There were quite a few shooters on Century and spoke to Mattnall and Marlene briefly in the car park.
I last shot 27th December so good to be back.
Ovenpaa

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

You should be able to guess which ones I am shooting. It is 4.9C outside so I will be wrapping up well.
20210402_104932.jpg
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
micken
Home club or Range: Yorkshire Shooting Centre, Huddersfield

#6 Post by micken »

Was able to get out and shoot clays straight away on Monday and have 3 hours booked in for 100m full-bore on the 15th. Hopefully back into the swing of it all after that and then get some longer range stuff in and stalking when ravel permits.
Ovenpaa

#7 Post by Ovenpaa »

We ended up leaving one limpy Labrador at home so just the two youngsters to keep us company. The range was empty, cold and windy as expected although the secretary popped over to catch up at one point which was good.

Oddly enough the rifle that I did best with today (50m off my elbows, no sling) was the BSA, the 'new' Vickers Jubilee transitional was just behind which really surprised me as I have great hopes for it. The Martini Henry from 1878 was a delight to shoot with subs.
20210402_134928.jpg
20210402_161836.jpg
20210402_162133.jpg
/d

Shed Journal
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#8 Post by Alpha1 »

Looks like you did OK. I will be out tomorrow I have booked a 100yard zeroing range. Going to sight in the Ruger precision 6.5 Creedmoor and have a play with a No4 Enfield. I have taken the Khales ZF95 off the SSG 69 and fitted a modern scope. The zoom works better for my poor eye sight. I have a buyer for the scope he wants to fit it to his SSG in place of the cheap scope he bought it with. I also have a khales ZF94 I can fit to mine if the new scope doesn't work out. We will find out to morrow.
jjvc

#9 Post by jjvc »

I had my first shoot this year on Tuesday, .577 PH P53 and have a shoot tomorrow at Catterick, Long Lee .303. Covid rules are a bind but needs must.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#10 Post by Alpha1 »

Spent to day on the range the Weather was Chilly at first but warmed up by lunch time. I took the 6.5 Creedmoor a number 4 and the SSG. When I arrived there was a debate going on as to who was going to RCO as every one naturally wanted to shoot after being locked down for so long. So I volunteered. So I did not get to shoot at all. Oh humbug but there is all ways another day I suppose.
We had a debate about probationers not being able to shoot because of the restrictions. We have probationers who paid a full years subs up front who through no fault of there own cannot shoot on MOD ranges.